Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

WillTheSpartan1997
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jul 2016, 4:11 pm

Hi I'm William, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Oklahoma and I have an issue.

First off I have an idea for a tv show it's going to be called "Misfits of Class" the genre will be teen comedy and teen slapstick (Due to some slapstick violence but not a whole lot with our two main characters) and the show will be live action.

It's going to be about two teens in boarding school and their many adventures.

Main Characters:

Thomas is he first of the two main characters, he is a nerd who likes o make refrences to superheroes and Sci-Fi movies like Star Wars and often ears superhero t shirts.

Henry is the second of the two main characters, he likes music, his favorite being punk rock music favorite band being My Chemical Romance and is also a fan of Japanese Anime and would often brag about his knowledge of them and makes refrences to a lot of Anime series.

Secondary Characters:

Butterscotch is Thomas' pet ferret who would be a real ferret in Long shots but up close would be a puppet and in close up shots would break the fourth wall and talk, making fun of our character's escapades, she is very disdainful of Thomas' personality but deep down cares for her owner/master.

Fred is the main antogonist of the series, he knew Henry prior to the series and going to the boarding school, he is the quarter back for the school's football team, he hates Thomas and Henry with a passion often calling Thomas 'loser' and 'nerd' and Henry 'emo' and 'freak' but as the series progresses he starts to like Thomas and Henry.

Sarah is a friend of Thmas and Henry who likes Doctor Who and Adventure time and frequently hangs out with them.

Robert "Bobby" is another friend of Thomas and Henry who wants to be a film maker when he gradutates and is obsessed with films and movies.

James is another friend of Thomas and Henry and knew Thomas prior to the series, he likes Anime just like Henry and is an avid Video gamer, he constanlty makes video game refrences and jokes only his friends understand, in his freetime he streams and hangs out with Thomas and Henry, his favorite video games is Minecraft and Mario.

Mr. Hawthone is one of Thomas and Henry's teachers, he is a likeable man who comes to like Thomas and Henry, although he seems like a bland/boring man he is a fan of the Mad Max series of would joke about the movies with Thomas and Henry, he teaches English.

Mr. Peterson is another one of Thomas and Henry's teachers, he dislikes Thomas and Henry's advntures and escapades but deep down likes them for their personalities, he hates Thomas and Henry's refrences and is annoyed by them, he represents the Mature adult who doesn't understand present day's pop culture, he teaches mathematics.

Mrs. Flandisfield is the head of the school and the seconadary antagonist/anti-hero of the series, she tries to stop Thomas and Henry's fun constantly belittiling them for not studying or doing proper school work, she hate comics and certain tv shows as she likes more mature shows like Downton Abbey, she constanlty enforeces school polices whch Thomas and Henry constantly avoid.

The pilot script has already been written with my final draft software the thing is getting it out.

When it comes to actors I will play the role of Thomas due to my young teen looking looks here is what I look like:
https://www.instagram.com/p/76IwVqOZ0n/ ... bl1n&hl=en

I consider myself great actor and the right fit for Thomas.

Now the network, since it's a teen comedy and teen slapstick I plan on pitching it to the Disney channel or Nickelodeon when it comes to the refrences The Big Bang Theory uses Marvel refrences and Star Wars all the time on a Warner Brothers show and no one cares so why should Disney channel or Nickelodeon.
If any of you know some Hollywood or Orlando agent that will help me out with this give me some sites please that would be lovely.

And if your wondering about a portfolio my Youtube Channel IS my portfolio, you might not see anything film related by I plan on making more skits soon and in my early videos I made skits and if your wondering about editing I only have imovie because I do not have the money to buy a proper editing software but good thing if the show works out people will edit the thing for me.

Here is my Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/WillRocks1997

I plan on working on the show when I graduate college at Oklahoma University and move t either Hollywood or Orlando to get the show off the ground.

I also plan on being showrunner due to my encyclopedic knowledge of superheroes and sic-fi movies.

The pilot will revove around Thomas and Henry meeting each other at the boarding school and getting use to each other and dealing with their new surroundings.

if you have any other adive that would be nice :)

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 4:38 pm

Hi William,

Have you joined any writer's clubs or gotten people to read the script yet? Just reading the description, I think a teen boarding school comedy could be really fun to watch.

I'm not sure how well so many references from so many different shows would work though. You'd have a situation where some of your audience will get some of the jokes some of the time.

Also, not sure how you structured your show, but I think you might have too many characters for a comedy. It depends on how you bring them in.

Anyhow, best of luck with it. :)