Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2016, 8:05 pm

9 years ago actor James Nessbitt came into my college lecture theatre to do a talk about his film 'bloody sunday'. My film teacher let me be the first person to ask James a question (my teacher let me be the first cause he felt sorry for me because I was autistic).

My question to him was "why did you do the film". As I asked that question he pulled he a very angry/disgusted expression at me and gave a blunt response to the my question saying "script"

Do you think from his reaction to me he didn't like me very much? I know me having Aspergers the way I talk/facial expressions can put people off :(

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 1:06 am

Well, he was certainly rude to you. How did he respond to other questioners?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 6:59 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Can't remember how he responded to other questions?

Why do you think he was rude to me? At the end of the lecture he signed a few autographs for me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 10:07 am

Jamesy wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Can't remember how he responded to other questions?

Why do you think he was rude to me? At the end of the lecture he signed a few autographs for me.

Sorry, I thought from your description of that day in class, he was being rude. After all, you asked if he liked you or not.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 12:44 pm

Very few people are rude to people they like.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 1:17 pm

Fnord wrote:

People can be very quick to judge if they like you or not the first time you meet them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 1:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
People can be very quick to judge if they like you or not the first time you meet them.
Exactly. He may have taken just one look at you and developed an immediate dislike for you.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 1:55 pm

If you'd just met him, he had no reason to like or dislike you--even if he didn't like the first impression he got, it was only a first impression, and they can be wrong!

He was there to answer questions, so there was no need for him to be nasty about responding to a simple question like yours, regardless of what your expression and body language may have implied, and no matter how he may have felt about you personally. I'd say that he was either in a bad mood, or he's something of an immature, unprofessional jerk.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 4:13 pm

Did he know you were autistic? It seems like there is a lot of negative stereotypes about autism.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 4:24 pm

KimD wrote:
If you'd just met him, he had no reason to like or dislike you...
Irrelevant. "Reason" is not an aspect of "liking" someone.
slw1990 wrote:
Did he know you were autistic? ...
As an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE), James Nessbitt has been bestowed with the privilege of not having to conceal his disdain for anyone he feels is lesser than he.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 6:29 pm

It sounds like he could have not liked your question. There are questions that they are asked so many times that it makes them sick to answer it one more time.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 7:23 pm

People can be quick to judge you based on the clothes you wear. There have been television shows in both the UK and States where people have gotten new wardrobes in return for letting people see what they used to wear.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 8:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
KimD wrote:

true

but furthermore, and more to the point, i think it's irrelevant whether he liked you or not. famous people have to interact with countless people on a daily basis. they get tired of it, and they can't really put much thought into each interaction. they need to act based on snap judgements and immediate reactions, and i believe that they're usually aware of that

so maybe he liked you, maybe not, but either way, it's virtually guaranteed that he didn't remember you anymore the next day. and if you did get to approach him again eventually in another situation and he did happen to enjoy the interaction, he would like you. and then would probably forget you again, because there's only so many people that anyone's memory can even hold a first impression of

bottom line: don't worry :). that kind of interaction doesn't count as regular social interaction, and it doesn't reflect much other than the very moment itself. it was an unpleasant moment for you, and it's too bad that it was, but that's about it

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 9:14 pm

Not enough data to answer.

I can create situations such as

The actor may have not liked the situations

His answer script
May have meant
A. He liked the script
B. He doesn't do well with out one.

All are as good or not as good as other scenes.

Final thought
Rejection is part of the
Show in
Show Business

Second final thought
Emotions felt in the real world can be
A. Written in script
B. Used in roles on stage or TV or movie
C. Used in voice over work

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Jul 2016, 10:16 pm

A better question to ask yourself is "why do you care what someone who has no influence on your life thought about you 9 years ago?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 10:30 pm

anagram wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KimD wrote:

true

but furthermore, and more to the point, i think it's irrelevant whether he liked you or not. famous people have to interact with countless people on a daily basis. they get tired of it, and they can't really put much thought into each interaction. they need to act based on snap judgements and immediate reactions, and i believe that they're usually aware of that

so maybe he liked you, maybe not, but either way, it's virtually guaranteed that he didn't remember you anymore the next day. and if you did get to approach him again eventually in another situation and he did happen to enjoy the interaction, he would like you. and then would probably forget you again, because there's only so many people that anyone's memory can even hold a first impression of

bottom line: don't worry :). that kind of interaction doesn't count as regular social interaction, and it doesn't reflect much other than the very moment itself. it was an unpleasant moment for you, and it's too bad that it was, but that's about it

I remember when Rob Zombie had recalled in an interview how he had met famous people before he was famous. And while the famous person might forget that fan a second later, that fan will always remember if that famous person was nice or asshole-ish.