What's the Worst Gift You've Ever Gotten?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ishi2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 9:30 pm

Whether it was for your birthday, Christmas, wedding, bar mitzvah... or any other occasion, what was the worst gift you've ever gotten?

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2016, 4:28 am

* A box of green lipsticks

* A gift box with an iPod box in it that had no iPod and only had a piece of paper that said "You weren't going to get it that easy!" from my sister (she got it for free. Instead of giving it to me as a present, she sold it to me)

* Blocks of chocolate that smelled like weird cigarettes from being in the house where the old man who gave them to me lived

* Candles

* Things I already had (and I had to pretend I liked them).

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:07 pm

The Gift of Life

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

FrankyViolage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Aug 2016, 1:27 am

The set of pots for our anniversary.

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

30 Aug 2016, 7:58 am

For some reason my brother's girlfriend decided to get me a watch for Christmas. But it was a really cheap toy watch for kids and it sang a song when you pressed a button.....

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 11:13 am

When I was a teenager my mother once got me a set of Sweet Valley High books for Christmas. Yuck.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 4:57 pm

I can't remember, I guess it wasn't very memorable.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 5:15 pm

When I was twelve, I recieved deodorant for Christmas.
Deodorant and a razor.

Subtle, Mom...

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 8:26 pm

My great-aunt almost always gave me gifts I didn't like.

When I was 9, she gave me an old-lady skirt for Christmas. It was burgundy, corduroy and had buckles on it. I think I wore it once or twice. I was always a bit of a tomboy so skirts didn't appeal to me.

Another time, she gave me an old gold medal bracelet. It was nice but I couldn't stand how it felt on my wrist.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 12:41 am

My brothers and I were hated by both sides of the family, so we normally got age-inappropriate gifts from either grandparents, if we got anything at all.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 7:51 am

A recycled one - I tried to return it to the store and the clerk told me he hadn't seen one of those in more than 5 years.
That gift sat in my sister-in-laws closet for 5 years. I was SO insulted - I hate her anyway. Obviously, she feels the same way. Doesn't matter. :x By the way, it was candy. :skull:

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

18 Sep 2016, 3:21 pm

Amongst all the crap, the one I remeber most is when I was 19, and pritty much abandoned by my parents, they decided (probably my mom) to give me a brand new two drawer filing cabinet. When I asked the what the heck I was going to do with it, in a very narcissistic way, my mom said she thought I should have it, and I never appreciate anything she gives me. There really is no wonder why. I asked if I could return it, she got mad and said no, so I told her to keep it. She still uses it. Would't be suprised if it is the only thing left for me in her will. My brother in law always gives me food. It's probably his way of telling me i'm too skinny. He actually believes I do not eat enough. It's really insulting. I leave it all in my freezer, so when he comes over, he can look in there, and appreciate what he gave me.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 3:56 pm

THIS:

Animation still isn't as bad as I remembered it, but it's still pretty bad.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 4:51 pm

I work in a store where I have to wear black pants and a blue shirt. My mom bought me three pairs of black pants for my birthday. She also bought me four blue shirts. It was thoughtful and I do like practical gifts, but it was kind of depressing too.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

18 Sep 2016, 8:16 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
I work in a store where I have to wear black pants and a blue shirt. My mom bought me three pairs of black pants for my birthday. She also bought me four blue shirts. It was thoughtful and I do like practical gifts, but it was kind of depressing too.

Too bad you have to buy them for work. In Minnesota where I live, a place just a little smaller than England, all uniforms, tools, and equipment must be provided by the employer. It makes alot of places let you wear street clothes. Sounds fairly thoughtful though if it is something you do not need to buy now. You can get whetever you want with the money you do not need to spend.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 8:56 pm

FluttercordAspie93 wrote:
THIS:

Animation still isn't as bad as I remembered it, but it's still pretty bad.

Oh my god. I got that when I was like eight for my birthday. 8O

I share the pain. :lol: