Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 11:51 pm

https://www.glutenfreesociety.org/glute ... onnection/

Test kit runs around $40.

A sack of gluten can cost $4. (Free, if you have a baker, in the house.)

Gluten needle left small, raised welt, like a dark, pink pimple or mosquito bite, within 5 minutes. I could feel it, by rubbing my finger over it. I am not a masochist. It was brand new, disinfected, point deep, and not enough to draw blood.

Clean, sharp, gluten-free needle left hardly a mark (circled in ballpoint pen). Disappears, within minutes.

Even if there is absolutely no connection between Celiac disease and autism, whatsoever, it is still an uncomfortable feeling that is within your own power to identify and control.

Out of my control --
Fried says, "Look, Ma. Gluten leaves a welt."
NT Mom says, "But, you have poked yourself with a needle."
Fried says, "Here is one without gluten."
NT Mom says, "I won't watch."
Fried says, "One leaves a mark and one doesn't. They are circled in pen, and they are clearly labeled."
NT Mom says, "I can't see."
Fried says, "Touch it."
NT Mom says, "I won't touch it."
Fried says, "You do it."
NT Mom says, I won't do it."
Fried says, "But, you believe me, right?"
NT Mom says, "I don't know...I'm busy."

Do it in the way which seems most reasonable to you, for your own, scientific curiosity, not to win converts.

I have a high tolerance for pain, so occasionally blurt out unexpectedly, that something is bothering me. I am oftentimes oblivious, when I am not writing it out. I have noticed sinus congestion and earaches, within minutes of eating specific foods, and not others.

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2016, 12:40 am

I am autistic and I can not eat gluten at all, I get very ill and my hands swell up with painful blisters and welts.
I am also allergic to other foods, animals, and plants, like for example pollen and certain dog hair.

My children are autistic and seem to have no issues at all with gluten. We have tried both gluten free (for long periods) and gluten, there is no physical or mental difference at all. They seem to not have any allergies.

It all depends on the person.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 12:56 am

I am good at finding and cultivating food, am perhaps better suited to a more-primitive lifestyle.

I feel as though I can concentrate better, when eating large portions of low-glycemic food.

But, when I am doing that, there is no swelling around my chest or gut pains.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2016, 9:11 am

I don't have Celiac and can tolerate gluten in small amounts, but - as I've discovered by accident - I do better without. My migraines disappeared and so did other inflammatory issues I used to have, mostly in my joints.

I always cook from scratch and don't find it difficult at all to avoid gluten.