I think I might like this girl and don't know what to do

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

xraydave
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2016, 11:27 am

So I'm 20, turning 21 next month. I have never had a girlfriend before. Grew up in a dysfunctional background which moved me around all the time, and missed the opportunity to start relationships with the girls that were clearly interested in me, and made advances.

There is this girl who has in some ways, gone out of her way to hang out with me outside this club i am a part of. I was wondering if this is an indicator of her interest toward me, but it could also just be her being nice, as i always look like i am confused and not included or alone in some way.

I'm not even sure if i like her back, but i do like her but at the same time, i have mixed feelings. don't know what to do, also don't want to risk rejection because risking that means probably risking even being a part of the club we're both volunteers at.

don't want that to go awry, as it's one of the few social things i have actually managed to maintain up until now.

so confused.

xraydave
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2016, 7:32 am

... and not a single person gave a s**t lol

Synth.osx
Raven
Raven

09 Sep 2016, 7:39 am

If you connect with each other, you should ask her if she would like to participate in an activity outside of the club.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 7:58 am

It would be swell if you were "sure."

If you like her at least somewhat, I would ask her out to a movie or something.

xraydave
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2016, 9:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It would be swell if you were "sure."

If you like her at least somewhat, I would ask her out to a movie or something.

So true, I don't know whether the signals she is giving me are about love or interest, or if i am misinterpreting them to the nth degree .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 9:29 am

If you feel something physical, then you know you dig her.

VertoSignum
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2016, 9:35 am

From my experience having a guy work himself up to asking a female out is weird and the female can sometimes sense it. If she says yes then you've tortured yourself for nothing. If she says no, and is mean about it there's no point dwelling on it because why would you want to be involved with a nasty person? If she says no and is polite then respect her decision and say 'no problem, I thought you seemed interesting and wanted to get know you better,' or something like that. Leave it at that, you may pique her interest just by showing your interest. The whole point of asking someone out is to find out whether you like them or not, not to get married. Just make sure you smile a little bit and make appropriate eye contact (easier said than done, I know).

EgotisticalAltruist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2016, 10:37 am

Why not just be friends and keep doing what you're doing? She's going out of her way to hang out with you so she obviously likes how you behave right now, just don't ignore her and be honest. She didn't have a problem with asking you to hangout, so if she does likes you romantically, she probably won't have a problem being the first to show it.

xraydave
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2016, 3:25 am

EgotisticalAltruist wrote:
Why not just be friends and keep doing what you're doing? She's going out of her way to hang out with you so she obviously likes how you behave right now, just don't ignore her and be honest. She didn't have a problem with asking you to hangout, so if she does likes you romantically, she probably won't have a problem being the first to show it.

I know man, but like, I think I like her haha and I am being honest

and i don't think so, because if she likes me and now that i know (having done some research on female body language) some of her signals may actually be related to interest. So now what? I've never had this experience before.

EgotisticalAltruist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2016, 9:59 am

I still say be her friend. Give her time to decide if she likes you or not. Don't worry about dating her, instead, just try to get to know her and what she likes. Try to find similar interests and use your best manners around her.

BenReilly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2016, 10:02 am

So wise. I wish someone had said this to me years ago. If they really dig you you will find yourself together really without any formal need for 'will you go out with me?' it just happens.

Top post!

xraydave
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2016, 10:07 am

BenReilly wrote:

So wise. I wish someone had said this to me years ago. If they really dig you you will find yourself together really without any formal need for 'will you go out with me?' it just happens.

Top post!

Not sure if serious or sarcastic, but yeah, i think this brings two very contrasting viewpoints to mind. i will have to consider both before moving forward with this girl, which i might actually..

thumbhole
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2016, 3:47 pm

xraydave wrote:
I'm not even sure if i like her back

...but do you like her front? :wink:

xraydave
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Sep 2016, 1:05 pm

thumbhole wrote:
xraydave wrote:
I'm not even sure if i like her back

...but do you like her front? :wink:

oh wow how humorous.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 3:57 pm

Forget about it. It will never happen. There's always going to be some neurotypical guy that she's going to like better than an aspie.

Closet_Genius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Sep 2016, 6:46 pm

saxgeek wrote:
Forget about it. It will never happen. There's always going to be some neurotypical guy that she's going to like better than an aspie.

That's a bunch BS...I've out done many NTs

@xraydave - The first thing you need to do is decide how you feel about her.