I don't know what to do? Any Advice?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

WillTheSpartan1997
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2016, 7:00 pm

Hi I am William 18 years old almost 19 and I have Aspegers and I don't know what to do. I'm currently attending a 2 year film program at a tech school for college credit because I want to be a film director for my career, I really want to be in the entertainment business and don't imagine seeing myself as anything else. In the second/final year we were tasked to pitch a short film which I really want to do. I pitched a film that was about two sisters running away from a cult and would be powerful film about sister hood and I was told you had a higher chance of getting greenlighted whcich I did and no one else had pictures but yet I didn't get greenlighted, I was also never told why I wasn't greenlighted but yet other people who didn't try on there presentations were and there stries and scripts weren't even that good. It has me worried because I want to leave something future students can look to. I also need something impressive for my portfolio/resume if I want to suceed and I felt cheated. I'm getting tired of the rejection. My film idea was rejected in a high schol class I did when I was in high school, My film idea was rejected in a film club I did, and now my short film is getting rejected. does anyone know of a university or comminty college that let's everyone direct a short film and not just some. I should also mention that those who didn't get greenlighted are to diret the first scene of there script for our portfolios but for me it's not enough. I would make my on stuff but I don't have the equipment and money to do it, my firneds won't help me because they are doing their own thing and all I have is imovie and a crappy sony handycam so I need to know becaus eif I get rejected in comminty college or university I don't know what i'm going to do