Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 6:10 pm

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid, but I kind of feel left out sometimes when I am on this website. I mean, it's hard enough not getting any company in my dorm. Now I'll admit, I've only joined this website very recently. The reason why I keep asking questions is because I'm trying to be as friendly and curious as I can. :(

Now I'm not desperate, but I want to make sure that I feel accepted when I am on this website. I'm just lonely, that's all! Ever since I joined this website, I wanted to try my hand at making friends via curiosity without getting WAY TOO PERSONAL! (Don't worry, I'm not mad.) :roll:

Could any of you let me know whether I'm being too friendly or if I'm just being paranoid? :)

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 6:29 pm

uhm.............nere.

you're just new here Yosh. I didn't even know about you til I saw one or two of your responses in teh dating forum.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 6:30 pm

Gamester wrote:
uhm.............nere.

you're just new here Yosh. I didn't even know about you til I saw one or two of your responses in teh dating forum.

I guess I'm paranoid then. For that, I am sorry.

crazedchef
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2007, 7:05 pm

I still feel that way Yosh!

Do not feel a connection with ANYONE on this forum.

crazedchef

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 7:37 pm

well you gotta reach out and try wiht peple
all you have to do is send me a hello PM and I will answer and well...I see everyone as a potential friend :D

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2007, 9:06 pm

I drive my best friend crazy by asking her at least once every two weeks if she's mad at me or if I did something wrong.

Most people on this site probably feel left out to some degree or other. When you've felt that way your whole life, it becomes automatic to feel that way even without a reason to.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 9:11 pm

Get a unique avatar. That way people will remember you bmore easily. Not everyone looks at the names of every poster all the time, but an eye-catching avatar will ensure that you eventually get noticed.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 9:35 pm

You should try to hang out in the Random forum. Everyone is really friendly there, so don't be afraid to reach out to them.

Also, if you want, you can PM me anytime. I'm always willing to make friends with fellow aspies.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 10:35 pm

How do I create an Avatar? I don't like the ones that are available here. Also, how do I get a picture saved on my computer. My sample pictures are too big.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 10:58 pm

Yoshie777 wrote:
How do I create an Avatar? I don't like the ones that are available here. Also, how do I get a picture saved on my computer. My sample pictures are too big.

You can shrink your pictures at paint or photoshop. :)

Flake
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2007, 7:40 am

yes even crappy mspaint will shrink pics. just google some images on a topic you like and "right click-save as" the pic you want from a web site.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 7:45 am

Yoshie777 wrote:

Find some avatars by doing a search on 'avatars' + 'forum' on google. Save them to your pc, then upload them using the profile when you go into 'my account'... or, alternatively, if you have any image programme on your pc, save any picture you like, shrink it to 140x140 or less and upload that. It would be cool to have an avatar thread here actually where people post random avatars for new members to choose from.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 7:49 am

It's a big site. It's hard to make friends in such a place.
I'd suggest finding a couple of boards that you can concentrate
on paying attention to, and hanging out on them.

An avie helps too. Sites like photobucket allow you to shrink
images to fit, without downloading software yourself.

Michaelmas
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2007, 8:57 am

Hi!

I think we joined about the same time.

I suggest, take it slowly; your "profile" will build up in time.

I set little goals.

My 1st post I hoped for a reply, then at least a few views (then realised the first 4 views were from me checking to see if it was stiil up there), then hoped for 10 views; then some responded, said Hi and that was it. I was in.

I've since read lots of threads covering my own interests and have pitched in a few times to others' threads; have now quite confidently put up a few posts of my own - and of course the doubts immediately returned - would anyone read it, is it worth reading, will anyone respond etc?

I have also cried for help in extremis, -AS plays horrible tricks at times-, and have been answered (what a fillip that was!) .

Now I hope to produce a "popular" post - but I'll need 25 answers for that, so shall build up slowly! It is a long way off. But I'll be over the moon when it happens (by comparison, I can count the friends I have in real life on the fingers of one finger).

There are bound to be people here with your interests - you'll find them sooner or later (hopefully sooner).

Michaelmas

Raylynn
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2007, 9:44 am

Hi! I felt a little unwelcomed at first also, but there's so much going on I think sometimes it is hard to keep up with who is saying what where, but as you stick around more people notice you and will open up to you! If you ever want to chat I'd be happy to have a new friend! :D

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 10:28 am

I searched through countless avatar websites and I found one that was identical to one of the sample pictures that I wanted to use. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: The Blue Forest!