Do you discolse your disibility on dating profiles?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

crs927
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2017, 1:29 am

I've wondered how that has or hasn't worked for people. I have one mental condition, but choose not to disclose it publicly.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 4:33 am

Honesty is the best policy.

Akin to showing a fake face pic and you show up,completely different.

Who's buying the drinks,till you look what you look like?: p

Lay your cards on the table and be upfront from the beginning,there's no disappointment.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:43 am

I probably wouldn't. Unless you have 10/10 model looks you're just changing the chances of a woman contacting you from 1% to 0%.

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2017, 12:01 pm

Chichikov wrote:
I probably wouldn't. Unless you have 10/10 model looks you're just changing the chances of a woman contacting you from 1% to 0%.

I only tell them after I get to know them better. Plus I don't really care that I'm Autistic anyway.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2017, 12:12 pm

Not publicly.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 12:55 pm

My boyfriend did, but I didn't. The only reason I messaged him was that he had aspie in his name otherwise I wouldn't of bothered....

the vater
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2017, 1:26 am

This link is very NSFW (at least the adds are, the comic itself is not), and it's about anxiety, but it's really interesting anyway so here http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/talking-ment ... icky-leta/

Galymcd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2017, 2:04 am

Just don't. Every person I've told except one (of whom we have no romantic interest with each other) ghosted me afterwards.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 6:05 am

I did back when I had a profile on a dating site (which I stopped using pretty quickly). Had a whopping 2 ladies send a message my way, and even then, the chatting only lasted a week or two. Didn't get a chance to meet either of them in person either.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Apr 2017, 6:19 am

I don't seriously pursue online dating but I've tried to make mention or allude to it, hard not to with my life.

I feel like I need to explain myself regardless, hard to feel any confidence this way

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2017, 8:39 pm

I would like to, but they might get the wrong idea of what autism means. It's also possible that someone that I know irl might see my profile and use it against me. Sometimes I tell them through messaging though.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

28 Apr 2017, 11:31 pm

I have physical disabilities that I mentioned on dating sites because I figured most women would quit responding 1ce I told them & they were things I would of had to bring up fast cuz it limited with with driving & finding a job. I never got one date from dating sites. I never mentioned my mental stuff like Aspergers because I figured they would have a very stereotyped opinion of it if they knew anything about it & would rule me out based on wrong assumptions.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nickiromero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2019, 12:58 pm

Personally I don't think that this disease is not a problem, because it doesn't prevent, or, most likely, it mustn't prevent people from dating someone, because everyone deserves to be happy. For example, I registered on a dating site about which you can read asiacharm review, and there I mentioned about my disease, however, even in this situation I was texting with women and the fact that I'm sick didn't stopped them communicating with me. Seriously, there are so much lovely women from Asia, that I don't feel lonely anymore. By the way, it helps me get rid of depression, because these Asian women even write me the first :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 1:07 pm

I don't have a dating profile......I dated well before the Internet, and got married in 1995, when the Internet was just beginning.....but I wouldn't disclose my disability on a dating profile.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 1:45 pm

If you're a man, don't tell any potential girlfriend about AS until you know each other very well.