More harder for high function autistic females?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Smart blondie28
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2017, 4:04 pm

I know I would find being in a serious relationship pretty hard. It's like I'm not meant to be in one. Life in general is tough for me. I'm attractive, independent,nice, funny but i seem to be a target of idiots, jealously even.

I'm not the type who goes around looking for love or anything but I'm not getting younger and don't understand why life is this way. My fate I guess

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2017, 4:08 pm

I'm in the same boat as you. My biggest fear is being alone by the time I'm 40 and won't have someone.

MissxVenomxPoison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2017, 1:00 am

I'm definitely scared of being 50 year old virgin and alone. I want to be able to get intimate with a partner and feel his or her heartbeat. Everyone says "You don't need to have a partner to be happy" or "The right person will come along when the time is right". Will that person come when I'm 50? I'd like it sooner than later

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 1:17 am

MissxVenomxPoison wrote:
I'm definitely scared of being 50 year old virgin and alone. I want to be able to get intimate with a partner and feel his or her heartbeat. Everyone says "You don't need to have a partner to be happy" or "The right person will come along when the time is right". Will that person come when I'm 50? I'd like it sooner than later

Do not listen to these nonsense clichés, take action.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 1:29 am

Same here. I am 26. Scared to be alone and virgin for longer time. I met plenty women but never got past hugging. I met this girl who is a little older than me who have autism too, she is very obsessed with religious stuff and asked me to join her life of religious to make us compatible. Good luck with her finding a guy like that, narrowing down chances.

There so many stereotypes, assumptions, negative criticisms and that. NT people have same problem too, despite they are also being different to mainstream society identity.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 2:14 am

Wouldn't surprise me. I've only known 1 girl who flat out told me her diagnosis & we spent quite some time cracking jokes in freshman detention.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Galymcd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2017, 11:53 pm

The good news is is that if you're a woman, you automatically have an advantage. People will just go up and speak with you, seeing as women are more shy and men are expected to be more outgoing. That's how my Autistic mother had relationships, and she admits that. Autistic men don't have the same luxury- they're just seen as weird and un-dateable, like me. Don't worry, there's gonna be at least one man who doesn't care and finds you attractive despite your lack of confidence. If you don't have confidence as a man, you're f****d, because men who have Autism are constantly rejected for their awkwardness and typically don't recover from it- again, like me.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 12:15 am

Weird, absolutely but un-dateable is a billions to one stretch meaning such thinking has little to do with objectivity.

MissxVenomxPoison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2017, 12:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MissxVenomxPoison wrote:

Do not listen to these nonsense clichés, take action.

Working on it, problem is I'm broke and might be fired from my job (seeing as I haven't gotten my schedule yet) so I don't have the bus fare or money to go anywhere and meet someone.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 12:27 am

I found beautiful spots everywhere I went in BC though, you might reconsider any favorite popular outdoor places of yours.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 2:13 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
Same here. I am 26. Scared to be alone and virgin for longer time. I met plenty women but never got past hugging. I met this girl who is a little older than me who have autism too, she is very obsessed with religious stuff and asked me to join her life of religious to make us compatible. Good luck with her finding a guy like that, narrowing down chances.

What a waste for you. That's how ND relationships work. NDs don't select people based on interests, they merge their interests to become compatible. If you cannot handle that, then you will not succeed with NDs. If you continue with dating and long lists of requirements, you will end up with a long row of NTs that you cannot become compatible with no matter what.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 2:17 am

Smart blondie28 wrote:
I know I would find being in a serious relationship pretty hard. It's like I'm not meant to be in one. Life in general is tough for me. I'm attractive, independent,nice, funny but i seem to be a target of idiots, jealously even.

I'm afraid that's how it works. Actually, it might get better as you get older.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 2:34 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
Same here. I am 26. Scared to be alone and virgin for longer time. I met plenty women but never got past hugging. I met this girl who is a little older than me who have autism too, she is very obsessed with religious stuff and asked me to join her life of religious to make us compatible. Good luck with her finding a guy like that, narrowing .

Thats kinda harsh. Granted she shouldn't be asking you to be someone you're not, but this comment comes across as 'religious people don't deserve love'. Or 'its stupid to want compatibility'

essentially you're doing the same to her as she did to you. Saying she cant be loved if she won't change who she is.

Last edited by hurtloam on 17 Jun 2017, 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 2:34 am

Double post,

This website needs to be scrubbed and rebuilt again. Its so buggy

op read this. It's about how ppl will give so much advice that doesn't help and just makes us feel worse, but this article made me feel better about myself and im now reading her book

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/fashion/sometimes-its-not-you-or-the-math-modern-love.html

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 5:26 am

hurtloam wrote:
Double post,

This website needs to be scrubbed and rebuilt again. Its so buggy

op read this. It's about how ppl will give so much advice that doesn't help and just makes us feel worse, but this article made me feel better about myself and im now reading her book

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/fashion/sometimes-its-not-you-or-the-math-modern-love.html

So at the end she didn't pick a forever alone guy like her; but someone who already had his chance before.

Sometimes I feel those single-for-long women don't like any of the men in their same situation.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2017, 5:41 am

It would have been silly for her to say no to someone she liked and who liked her back. In the book she says she met loads of lovely guys that for some reason just didn't love her.

Edited to clean up the block quotes.