Self Soothing methods and fidget toys

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Elissabat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Aug 2017, 12:28 pm

I've tried messing with the fidget spinners and they really aren't what I was looking for, but they did give me an idea. When i was in Hot Topic I saw a hand mirror that was gold and covered in fake jewels. It was a Sailor Moon themed compact mirror. I bought it for the sole purpose of flipping it opened and closed repeatedly. I have lots of stimming habits and I am noticing more toys online for these things. Does anyone have any fidget toys besides the fidget spinner?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 3:58 pm

I have a fidget cube, but my favorite object I "fidget" with is my blanket. It has this silky rim round the edge, and I have loved feeling it for ages ever since I was little. It was probably my earliest form of stimming, too. I also have some Minecraft toys, and I take one in my pocket with me wherever I go. I've noticed that I'm constantly fidgeting with those as well (there are parts such as a moveable tail, a head that turns, etc.). I need to be doing something constantly with my hands, and if I'm not, then I am normally playing with something like a fidget toy to keep my hands busy.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2017, 9:38 pm

Hey. I have a fidget cube which i take to work and keep in my pocket, but before i bought it I had some rubber bands and pens. You know, I was talking about my fidget cube the other week with a coworker who is this rough NT guy about 60 years old and is as far away from AS as you can get. He said that my fidget cube was a good idea and that he keeps a nut and bolt in his pocket that he fidgets with and has done for as long as he can remember. I guess some people just fidget more than others?