Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Hra1993
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2017, 3:40 pm

I am currently under assessment and have been told I'll be completing the ADOS assessment on 19th September. I have some Aspie friends who have recently been diagnosed who didn't have to do the assessment. We are under the same services. Why do I need to do it if they didn't? What are they looking for?

I am so anxious. I was told I have Asperger's when I was 18 and inpatient, but it was a provisional diagnosis and never concrete. I now have no one who can confirm what I was like as a child so they are working on me now. The only thing they have is a piece of paper from my old child psychologist (from when I was IP) that says he met with my mother and that I had a grossly atypical development, and that I was evidently unaware of my immense social and communication difficulties.

North1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2017, 5:14 pm

I know it's easy said than done but try not to worry. There will be a butch of questions, some tests and observational stuff - Basically they'll just try to build a picture of your life to see if the problems you face could be explained by Autism or not. Ados is pretty standard procedure.