Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Semi_Lost_Serenity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2007, 8:02 pm

Hi. My name is Serenity. I'm 25. Pisces, Cusp of Aries. Moon in Capricorn. Asc. in Gemini. I'm in the process of looking for full-time work. I want to work in a research library or doing something along those lines. Currently in the Library Science and Information Services program. I will graduate with my M.L.S. in Spring of 2008. I have two cute, darling guinea pigs - Arnold (named after the gov. of Cali) and Edgar (named after Edgar Allan Poe). Arnold's more of a laid-back, let the world float by type of guy, whereas Edgar is more of the tense, I want it now! dude. Arnold is very affectionate, Edgar hates being touched. Edgar's up with me in the morning - Arnold wakes up as I am leaving for work. Both finicky eaters, but will eat carrots or cantaloupe in a heart beat. Edgar's a health nut, Arnold likes chocolate. As you can see, I spend way too much time talking about them -they're my "children" and are spoiled rotton.

I currently have a balcony garden with tomatoes, cantloupe, cucumber, bell peppers, herbs, and strawberries.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 8:23 pm

Welcome Aboard WP!! !! !!
Your uniqueness is no different from everyone's favs. Trust me, I talked about too much history and WWII.
I'm history/anime Aspie.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 8:27 pm

Well i don't believe that astrology stuff, Poe is okay, it would be hard to slate him really, but i think the Vincent Price films are better than the books. Anyways, it's a morbid name for a guinea pig. lol
Your balcony sounds really cool.
:P

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2007, 9:36 pm

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Raylynn
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2007, 10:18 pm

Hi welcome! I can't wait until I am settled in a more permanent place so that I can grow a little herb garden! :D

daveyw
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2007, 12:58 am

Hi Serenity and welcome from a fellow cat-lover!

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

02 Jun 2007, 4:35 am

Hello and welcome to WP!

Your guinea pigs sound adorable.

We had 2 guinea pigs and 1 escaped (we live on 2.5 acres). We thought the one that escaped must have been eaten for sure.

But then she came back 4 months later looking extremely fat, healthy and happy.

We caught her and reunited her with her guinea pig friend but she looked so unhappy being back in the cage.

So we let both of them go - but I have a spot where I leave them food.

Every couple of months I see them running around and they look so happy and healthy. (I only let them both go because they were both females and hence couldn't take over the native wildlife).

Regards
Smelena

Semi_Lost_Serenity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2007, 6:11 am

My guineas are fat and healthy. I feel guilty because I know they love the grass and getting out of their cage, but either because of time or my own laziness (I live on the fourth floor), we often don't.

One doesn't have to be settled to have an herb garden. All you need is a long box (available at most home depos or lowes for about $6 or $7), some dirt (I recommend the new Organic blend by MiracleGrow), either some seeds or whatever the nursery has available, and a sunny window. Place dirt in box (1 or 1/2 inch from the top), then either put seeds according to package or pre-grown herbs into box. Water. Place next to sunny window. Water accordingly thereafter (whenever the dirt is dry to the touch).

In mine, I have Greek oregano, sage, basil, and rosemary. On my balcony (in seperate containors), I have lavendar and mint. In a smaller pot on a window sill, I have chili pepper growing (which I broke upon planting, but some how it's still thriving, knock on wood).

As long as one has a sunny window, a containor, and some dirt, pretty much anything can be grown.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 11:22 am

Hi, Serenity!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!