Are there any dating sites that are great?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

georgethekid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm

I was wondering to know if there are good dating sites out there that you would recommend from your personal experience. Dating sites found that are geared toward those on the autism spectrum are also appreciated.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2020, 10:42 pm

georgethekid wrote:

No.

asp159
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2020, 7:21 am

old_comedywriter wrote:
georgethekid wrote:

No.

I'm afraid it's true

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2020, 7:30 am

eHarmony was the best when I started in 2012 but by the time I left in 2015 it degenerated into an expensive OKCupid clone. If I were to find myself single again for some bizarre reason, I wouldn't waste my time dealing with the flakes, phonies and scammers/bots.

grannynerd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2020, 2:26 pm

They're all pretty horrible.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2020, 7:32 am

Online dating is a very fake and artificial way to meet new people. I don't think it's possible to make a good dating site. Apps like Tinder and Hapn work well if you want dates, but you probably won't match very well with the people you meet.

Guy Incognito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2020, 11:03 am

Dating sites in general are hot garbage. But...I have had some luck with a few non-traditional sites:

1) Meetup.com. Meetup is free, and sets you up with groups of people with similar hobbies and interests. It isn't a date, but a group activity. Most people are single that attend, and most people are also awkward. Worse case scenario, you make new friends

2) City Swoon. City Swoon is a speed dating service, and I ended up dating someone Iet we the them for awhile. They do 10-15 mini dates, and then you can contact people you like through their portal the next day. A bonus for the one I went to was all the other guys were kind of dicks.

3) Acebook.com. I just started using Acebook, a free site for the Asexual community. So far I like it. There is no pressure, and you can just talk to your ladies about stuff you both like. I've had several women contact me so far. The Asexuality Spectrum is a bigger Spectrum than ASD, so it doesn't mean no romance or no sex ever.

4) Tawkify-Tawkify is a matchmaking service. It's not cheap, but if they can't find lightening in a bottle they refund your money.

I've tried every Aspie/ASD dating site and app out there, and they just weren't for me

eHarmony has sadly turned into a scam website with predatory billing practices. I would avoid them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

02 Feb 2020, 11:44 am

Guy Incognito wrote:
3) Acebook.com. I just started using Acebook, a free site for the Asexual community. So far I like it. There is no pressure, and you can just talk to your ladies about stuff you both like. I've had several women contact me so far. The Asexuality Spectrum is a bigger Spectrum than ASD, so it doesn't mean no romance or no sex ever.
I used AceBook for a while. The forums were a very nice feature & helped me blow off steam about things. I find I tend to do better on forums than profiles. Even thou I've been told my profiles are really good, I attract more attention by posting about whatever cuz of how unique I am. I never met anyone off of there but almost did a couple times. I left because I had joined this forum & realized a lot of things I was posting about there were more relevant on this forum & I felt like I was learning & growing on here whereas I felt I was just stuck in a rut on AceBook. I didn't know the site was still around.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Guy Incognito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2020, 12:28 pm

nick007 wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:
I used AceBook for a while. The forums were a very nice feature & helped me blow off steam about things. I find I tend to do better on forums than profiles. Even thou I've been told my profiles are really good, I attract more attention by posting about whatever cuz of how unique I am. I never met anyone off of there but almost did a couple times. I left because I had joined this forum & realized a lot of things I was posting about there were more relevant on this forum & I felt like I was learning & growing on here whereas I felt I was just stuck in a rut on AceBook. I didn't know the site was still around.

I wouldn't say the site is flourishing, but it does indeed still exist. I met a girl who was in the same Meetup collective through Acebook. We will be playing board games on Wednesday

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2020, 8:25 pm

I like OkCupid, I keep coming back to it, I tried alot of dating sites, even a hookup site & adult dating site. I met my ex-boyfriend on OkCupid in January of last year, when I went on OkCupid again, I were talking to guys, I now deleted my OkCupid account, I met someone, I really like him alot.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2020, 10:31 am

Met a couple of people on OKC. The rest of the sites I've seen are either too expensive or garbage or both. No site is perfect. Meetup can be useful.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 10:32 am

I hear the Eiffel Tower and the Empire State Building are very grand sites. I'd go there.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 11:15 am

I like the Sydney Opera House myself.....