Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 1:12 pm

This busy week is muddling my brain! Dentists, meals out, work, the biggy is having workmen at home invading personal space. Almost having a melt o the down!!

krex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 1:21 pm

Sorry,sounds miserable.Try and repeat...."this too shall pass until you go into a coma"whenever possible spread out the stressers.I try and only schedule one appt per week(or month)depending on my over all level of stress at work.

thistooshallpassthistoshallpassthistooshallpass

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

25 Jul 2007, 1:22 pm

I get that way too. I find it very stressful when I have a lot going on.

giaam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2007, 3:58 pm

I had similar today. Kids are now off school, there was so much noise, so many people about, I found it quite hard to function. I kept on making silly mistakes, like entering my PIN no. backwards, forgetting how to ask questions, etc. :oops:

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 4:48 pm

Hey, going to the dentist's ought not be stressful.
My husband is the best pediatric dentist in the state of Washington. Our autistic daughter loves his exams.

luvinmykid
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jul 2007, 4:51 pm

lelia wrote:
Hey, going to the dentist's ought not be stressful.
My husband is the best pediatric dentist in the state of Washington. Our autistic daughter loves his exams.

Someone touching in your mouth, the noises all the instruments make (whirring, scraping, clicking), the awkwardness of sitting in that chair, the smell of the gloves, the taste of the gloves, the taste of the paste they clean your teeth with, the TEXTURE of the paste they clean your teeth with, the sucking thing... omg the list is an endless array of stressors at the dentist's office.

Fresco I feel for you.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 6:49 pm

luvnmykid, you're right about the grit. Myself, I find the chair relaxing to sit in and the weight of the apron feels good.
Actually, I was trying to tease him about the dentist. I'm crappy at making jokes, but I keep trying.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

25 Jul 2007, 7:26 pm

krex wrote:
thistooshallpassthistoshallpassthistooshallpass

No, no, no... That's not the magic phrase... The magic phrase is,

SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!! !

The louder you yell it (and the tighter you clench your fists while doing so), the better it works. STG.

Gods, I've got a meeting first thing tomorrow morning, another meeting over lunch (with a bunch of people I don't know), and a doctor's appointment after that. Need... to... escape...

Much be a conjunction of suffering, rippling it's way through the cosmic consciousness.

Good fortune,

- Icarus