It's wrong and people should be punished for such sodomy! 5%  5%  [ 34 ]
It's really none of my business. 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
It's really none of my business. 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
Total votes : 625

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2005, 9:29 pm

I'm just wondering exactly how most aspies feel about diversity, really.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 9:34 pm

For the most part it's biological, although I'm sure that someone here will argue with me on that (preparing data to counter them as you read this) However, yes we do have free will and I guess someone could "choose" to be gay if they wanted to.

In my opinion being gay is like being an aspie...it may not be the norm in our society, but it is as valid as any other way of being.

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2005, 9:35 pm

stlf, you are cool.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 9:37 pm

nayashi wrote:
stlf, you are cool.

and you as well Nayashi...and you as well. :oops:

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2005, 9:40 pm

stlf wrote:
nayashi wrote:
stlf, you are cool.

and you as well Nayashi...and you as well. :oops:

^_^ Aww you're all blushy. How cute. *Bubble Hug* *

*Bubble Hug: a hug that does not involve touching. See: Yale Psychiatric Hospital for rules and regulations for patients touching each other.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 9:42 pm

stlf wrote:
For the most part it's biological, although I'm sure that someone here will argue with me on that (preparing data to counter them as you read this) However, yes we do have free will and I guess someone could "choose" to be gay if they wanted to.

In my opinion being gay is like being an aspie...it may not be the norm in our society, but it is as valid as any other way of being.

I sure hope for your sake that your data is more credible than the Kinsey Report and I absolutely despise the comparison of Asperger's to homosexuality! :evil:

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2005, 9:46 pm

Sean wrote:
I absolutely despise the comparison of Asperger's to homosexuality! :evil:

Why?

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 9:48 pm

I think that being gay is perfectly normal. I know a lot of gay people and they are just like everyone else.

Sean wrote:

You've said that before Sean, but I do think stlf's comparison is valid.

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2005, 9:50 pm

Bec wrote:
I think that being gay is perfectly normal. I know a lot of gay people and they are just like everyone else.

You are very cool, too.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 10:07 pm

Quote:
I absolutely despise the comparison of Asperger's to homosexuality!

and somewhere out there is some very social gay person saying..."that comaprison of homosexuality and AS is so offensive"

the point is that both "conditions" have been considered pathological by the medical/psychiatric community at one time or another and both have strong genetic and psychobiological underpinnings (although as I mentioned above, there are surely elements of environmental influance involved, and a person could indeed choose to have sex with any person or and thing for that matter)

I hope to see a day that AS is removed from the DSM in much the same way that homosexuality was in the DSM III-R revision.

I wonder if the reason that you are so offended does not boil down to simple homophobia Sean.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 10:39 pm

Moderators,
These kinds of hot topics have traditionally been debated in the PP&R forum. Please consider moving this there to prevent the spread of heated arguments in other forums.

computerwidow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2005, 11:24 pm

Sean wrote:
Moderators,
These kinds of hot topics have traditionally been debated in the PP&R forum. Please consider moving this there to prevent the spread of heated arguments in other forums.

I agree with Sean. It may be unintentional, but the poll which begins this topic is worded with an implication of "you are either with us, or you are our enemy." This won't invite open and moderate discussion, only heated argument.

stlf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 11:29 pm

Quote:
This won't invite open and moderate discussion, only heated argument.

Im actually hoping that we can have a civil and rational discussion here and stay away from flaming and personal attacks. However, given that we do have a number of younger readers and those who may not wish to be exposed to such topics I 3rd the motion for moving this discussion to the PP&R forum, or possibly the mature forum at the mods discression

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2005, 11:40 pm

not think that gay people should get Punnished they did not ask to be!!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2005, 11:53 pm

You're right blondie, they didn't ask to be gay, they wanted to be. I'm trying my best not to "flame" when I say that I don't support Homosexuality. I'm not biased against them, I just don't agree with their lifestyle. I have a few gay/bi friends, and they know this about me.

Whether it's normal or not, I honestly don't care. Society's "Normal" is celebrity-worshipping, tv addicted, pill-popping, diet obseesed morons. Whether gay is included with that or not is irrelevant.

I don't know about it being biological though. I haven't read up on that before, an online source would be nice please.Is this one of topics where the research is more opinion than fact? I want some reliable info. :!:

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 12:15 am

Homosexuality was not removed from DSM-III due to any new advances in Psychiatry, it's because the homosexuals were being disruptive and making threats against the Psychiatrists opposed to the decision between 1970 and 1973. Too bad I wasn't around then to set up security for the APA. They also managed to get pedophelia listed as an aberrant sexual fantasy and now the homosexuals want pedophelia and sadomasochism removed altogether.

Bec wrote:

Sean wrote:

You've said that before Sean, but I do think stlf's comparison is valid.

I know I've said that before and I stand by it. There is no comparison between ASDs and homosexuality. Unlike ASDs, homosexuality could be controlled if the homosexual made use of his inhibitions. The only way to talk about homosexuality being natural is in the context of the sinful nature of man. Furthermore, assuming you can come up with an argument comparing ASDs and homosexuality, you should conseider if that is such a good idea considering that, unlike Autistics, homosexuals account for percentages of diseases and sex crimes many times the size of their percentage of the population.