Is there any good pills out there that help with PMS?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

catpiecakebutter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2024, 11:58 pm

I'm a 40 year old autistic woman and I hate my PMS mood swings. I don't want to take birth control pills. Are there any non-prescription pills that help with the mood swings of PMS?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 12:05 am

Calcium and Magnesium

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5313351/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3208934/

catpiecakebutter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 May 2024, 1:05 pm

Just to clarify, I would like pills that would help me with hormonal mood swings. Not cramps. Thank you!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2024, 1:27 pm

^

Calcium:

Teabutterfly2047
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2024, 11:21 am

OK, this is from personal experience

I'm not a doctor and I will NOT recommend any specific pill.

However I'd like to share this personal experience, so hear me out.

I've been blessed with a very regular period, no cramps. Then at 18 I was prescribed a contraceptive pill that was too heavily dose
(mistake made by the doctor, who i not take into account my age, my hypersensitifity and the fact that more moern pills, with lighter hormonal doses were available). When I stopped taking the pill a decade later and switched to condoms (following the advice of a good
gynecologist) I started having a very painful/irregular period. I suspect the heavily dosed pill messed up my perfectly normal/natural period.

Anyway, I headed to a GP and then... THEN! I finally met one of those very rare doctors who actually listen to their patients' actual needs, is kind and compassionate. And THAT made all the difference: the time and attention he offered me, together with a tailored-made solution for the cramps and the mood swings. He offered a personalized homeopathic solution that was effective, with no side effects and that I used for decades from that medical appointment on (I'm menopaused now).

I was ridiculed many times by people who do not belive in homeopathy. I belive what helped is the placebo effect, the fact that the doctor actually took time to listen. I felt heard and seen (for once) in my pain. The actual homeopathic pills helped, but the kindness and the compassion did most of the job.

So instead of asking complete strangers for pills on the internet, which can be dangerous, I suggest you find a kind and compassionate doctor who actually listens and offers compassionate help. Whether he prescribes plants, ot herbs, or homeopathy or pills doesn't matter as much as an attitude of actually listening and understanding. IMHO.

best of luck!

WolfStarEternal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Aug 2024, 6:50 pm

catpiecakebutter wrote:
I'm a 40 year old autistic woman and I hate my PMS mood swings. I don't want to take birth control pills. Are there any non-prescription pills that help with the mood swings of PMS?

YES! Try a site called "birthing by bekha" she makes homeopathic tinctures and her PMS one works WONDERS for me. I have endo and pcos and i have notice after taking it daily (twice daily now) the difference when i do have my periods...i take it everyday and twice during that time of the month...