Would've been nice - a passive aggressive rant

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 8:23 am

I smile pleasantly and thank you for your time,

Even though you clearly do not value mine.

It would've been nice to know,

That you'd be a no show.

I've answered your questions.

Rehearsed all my lines.

I've been here a million times.

The same old dance.

Same old story.

No glory.

I saw you reposted the same job.

A pity you didn't even bother to reject me.

What, was an automated rejection message too much hard work?

Human Resources don't make me laugh. You're all daft.

Did the job even exist? Was it you? Was it me? Was it just not meant to be? I feel like a date who has been stood up.

Tell me, when did professionalism die? Should I throw it a wake? Give it a little shake? Did I make a mistake?

:?

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 8:49 am

Nice poem! Sorry about the lousy experience.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 7:57 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I smile pleasantly and thank you for your time,

Even though you clearly do not value mine.

It would've been nice to know,

That you'd be a no show.

I've answered your questions.

Rehearsed all my lines.

I've been here a million times.

The same old dance.

Same old story.

No glory.

I saw you reposted the same job.

A pity you didn't even bother to reject me.

What, was an automated rejection message too much hard work?

Human Resources don't make me laugh. You're all daft.

Did the job even exist? Was it you? Was it me? Was it just not meant to be? I feel like a date who has been stood up.

Tell me, when did professionalism die? Should I throw it a wake? Give it a little shake? Did I make a mistake?

:?

I can definitely relate and great poem :D . I hope your future experiences get better.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 9:09 pm

I can relate.

Reddit's  Malicious Compliance  sub often provides me with relief from incidents like yours.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2024, 5:21 pm

I did eventually hear back from the application that inspired this poem. They told me that the junior position that I had applied to (and interviewed for) was now a senior position and that I should go apply for the new junior position that they had just made (which I saw posted online before they told me this, hence my frustration).

My application ultimately ended up being buried in the pile and I never heard from them again.

Personally, I think if you are a company looking to hire, then you shouldn't go around changing what the role is in the first place. I also wish she'd just put me through to interview for the new role instead of having me reapply.

---

On another note, I applied to a job today where under the terms and conditions was information on who to contact if you wanted to contest being turned away at the online assessment stage. 'Candidates have the right to request human intervention if they wish to contest decisions made by our automated Applicant Tracking System'.

That's quite the clause to have tucked away in the fine print. It's annoying when jobs have you fill in everything manually that's already on your CV because then it's easier for the ATS system to filter out people. However, you may get filtered out by mistake or for something very minor. It's a nightmare, it really is.

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 10:14 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
I did eventually hear back from the application that inspired this poem. They told me that the junior position that I had applied to (and interviewed for) was now a senior position and that I should go apply for the new junior position that they had just made (which I saw posted online before they told me this, hence my frustration).

My application ultimately ended up being buried in the pile and I never heard from them again.

Personally, I think if you are a company looking to hire, then you shouldn't go around changing what the role is in the first place. I also wish she'd just put me through to interview for the new role instead of having me reapply.

---

On another note, I applied to a job today where under the terms and conditions was information on who to contact if you wanted to contest being turned away at the online assessment stage. 'Candidates have the right to request human intervention if they wish to contest decisions made by our automated Applicant Tracking System'.

That's quite the clause to have tucked away in the fine print. It's annoying when jobs have you fill in everything manually that's already on your CV because then it's easier for the ATS system to filter out people. However, you may get filtered out by mistake or for something very minor. It's a nightmare, it really is.

I'm sorry to hear Lost_dragon that your application got buried in the pile. It's funny but I saw today that two jobs I had interviewed for were reposted. One I was rejected from and told they selected another candidate and then saw this morning the job was reposted. The other was a job I didn't get selected for at all and saw it was reposted on the job board. It's frustrating how companies treat applicants. It's funny but I also reached out to a law firm I interviewed with two weeks ago yesterday and they got back to me and said they already filled the position and apologized I was never told. It's definitely a brutal market.

I agree that a company should never change the role you applied for. The ATS systems are brutal too and can easily kick you out. I think if more companies understood the human faces behind the applications maybe they would try to rectify some of these issues.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.