I don't know what to do if meetup groups don't interest me

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2024, 11:27 am

I don't know why but it doesn't really interest me that there are meet up groups for people of different age groups like over 30s groups but they don't spark my interest because I personally prefer to meet people a bit younger than me not just in my own age group. It makes it come across as though as though you can ONLY date or meet people of your own age. The are no signs or rules telling you that you have to but that's how it comes across to when I see them. I personally wouldn't have wanted to go meet in a bar for a speed dating event for those between 35 and 47, like the one I saw advertised at a bar not far from where I live.

It somehow upsets me as though to people younger, a person in their 30s doesn't attract or interest them than those of their own age/age group.

ChicagoLiz
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2024, 1:59 pm

Could you clarify? Why are you attracted to people younger than your age range? If you're in your 30s, then you're 50% older than someone in their 20s, and perhaps even 100% older than someone in their teens. There isn't much common ground with that much difference in life experience.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2024, 6:49 pm

make your own meetup

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2024, 3:17 am

chris1989 wrote:
I don't know why but it doesn't really interest me that there are meet up groups for people of different age groups like over 30s groups but they don't spark my interest because I personally prefer to meet people a bit younger than me not just in my own age group. It makes it come across as though as though you can ONLY date or meet people of your own age.

Try to find meetup groups that are based on something other than age range. There are plenty of meetup groups that are based on a common interest or activity of some kind, not on age range.

Dizzylizard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2024, 2:41 am

This is why my partner and I are throwing an autistic adults Art retreat in the pnw this fall 8)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2024, 2:51 am

Dizzylizard wrote:
This is why my partner and I are throwing an autistic adults Art retreat in the pnw this fall 8)

Good luck with this! Let us know how it goes....

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 9:48 pm

I just impressed myself.
I rocked up to the Radio control airfield and just started chatting with everyone.
Overall I learned very little relevant to my reasons for going there, but it did prompt me to review an idea I had a few years back.
Leaving, I just stood up and thanked everyone for their input and headed for the car.
My developing speech impediment didn't get in the way too much (although I notice my tongue felt tired while singing in the car going home.)

Nonetheless...I still have enough front to do it on the first place, which should stand me in good stead for my next attempted pickup 8)