Mass stabbing in England during children's event

Page 1 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2024, 12:31 pm

Mass Stabbing at Taylor Swift-Themed Kid Event: 'Scene From Horror A Movie'

Quote:
A 17-year-old male was arrested in connection with a mass stabbing Monday in Southport, England, where at least eight people, some believed to be children, were allegedly knifed at a Taylor Swift-themed kids event.

Merseyside Police confirmed that the suspect from Banks will remain in police custody to be questioned about the stabbings.

"We can also confirm that the incident is not currently being treated as terror-related and we are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident," police added.

Earlier Monday, police confirmed a "major incident" took place om Hart Street just before noon. They say a man with a knife was detained and is in police custody.

The North West Ambulance Service added in a tweet, "So far, NWAS has treated eight patients with stab injuries who have been taken to Alder Hey Children's Hospital, Aintree University Hospital and Southport and Formby hospital."

Emily Spurrell, Merseyside police and crime commissioner, said she was "deeply shocked" after the mass stabbings.

She said on X she said there was "no wider risk to the public" after an arrest had been made, and urged people not to speculate about the incident.

Speaking in the House of Commons, Home Secretary Yvette Cooper delivered thoughts and prayers to the families and loved ones of those affected.

"The response to this awful incident is currently unfolding, and the House and the public will be updated in due course," she said.

The mass stabbing comes weeks after the wife and two daughters of a BBC host after they were killed by a man with a crossbow near London.

Kyle Clifford, 26, was taken into custody on Wednesday after an hours-long manhunt. He is accused of killing the three victims in a "targeted" attack in Hertfordshire. Officials believe he was known to the victims.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2024, 3:11 pm

Just heard someone say on CB radio the accused is from Palestine. Haven't seen any confirmation of this from the BBC/Sky etc. though.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Last edited by Rossall on 29 Jul 2024, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2024, 3:16 pm

I heard he's from Wales

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2024, 3:16 pm

Quote:
A 17-year-old boy, from the village of Banks in Lancashire and originally from Cardiff, was later arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder in connection with the attack.

From the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/29/boy-17-arrested-after-at-least-eight-people-stabbed-in-southport

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2024, 3:18 pm

Aw it's so sad that this has happened

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 3:04 am

I imagine the muslim and Palestinian community are waiting on the edge to find out the teen killer isn't one of "theirs"

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 3:20 am

I imagine that, like the rest of us, they'll be too busy feeling shocked and horrified that such a horrific thing could happen to children at a dance lesson. If they're parents, like me, they're probably remembering times they dropped their own kids at dance lessons or similar and picked them up not covered in blood having received multiple stab wounds.

Speculation about the race, religion or motivations of the person who did this - who was also a child - should be kept to yourself until you have some facts.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 3:47 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Speculation about the race, religion or motivations of the person who did this - who was also a child - should be kept to yourself until you have some facts.

Of course but it's happened and everyone wants to know the motivation of the killer. so authorities can take steps it does not happen again.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 3:51 am

Ok now we know (speculation over). Muslims can breath a sigh of relief.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 4:48 am

"...appears to be..."

No reputable news source is reporting this yet, these people are also speculating. It may or may not turn out to be accurate. As of now, you still know nothing.

And why are you so convinced that people of Muslim faith will be more worried about the muderer being or not being Muslim than the fact that children were stabbed?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 4:54 am

That's horrible.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 7:10 am

Taylor Swift makes statement after UK mass stabbing: 'These were just little kids'

Quote:
Taylor Swift says she is "at a complete loss" after a mass stabbing at a Swift-themed class in the U.K. left three children dead.

The stabbing, which left 10 other people injured, took place in Southport, U.K., on Monday.

"The horror of yesterday's attack is washing over me continuously and I’m just completely in shock," Swift wrote on her Instagram story early Tuesday.

Of the 10 injured, eight are children and two are adults, both of whom are in critical condition.

"The loss of life and innocence, and the horrendous trauma inflicted on everyone who was there, the families, and first responders," Swift continued. "These were just little kids at a dance class. I am at a complete loss for how to ever convey my sympathies to these families."

A 9-year-old girl "died in hospital in the early hours" of Tuesday morning, Merseyside Police said in a news release. The two children who died Monday were 6 and 7 years old.

Five of the injured children "are in a critical condition," Merseyside Police Chief Constable Serena Kennedy said Monday in a statement shared with USA TODAY Monday. "All those injured have suffered stab wounds sustained during the attack. Two adults are also in a critical condition after being injured during the incident."

A 17-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, Kennedy said, noting that he will be interviewed by detectives. The suspect is from the nearby coastal village of Banks and originally from Cardiff in Wales.

Police warned of misinformation regarding the arrest: "A name has been shared on social media in connection with the suspect in the incident in Southport. This name is incorrect and we would urge people not to speculate on details of the incident while the investigation is ongoing."

BBC Live Updates
Quote:
Suspect was born in Cardiff to Rwandan parents
The BBC can report that the 17-year-old currently being questioned by the police in connection with the attack in Southport was born in Cardiff and moved to the Southport area in 2013.

Woman who knew suspect's parents say they were 'lovely couple'
Helen, a neighbour of the suspect's family while they lived in Cardiff, has spoken of her shock at hearing the news from Southport.

"They were a lovely young couple. They were little boys, they were boisterous. Mum was a stay-at-home mum, Dad was nice, he went to work every day.

"They had a small family car, a little hatchback. They said they'd come from Rwanda and I thought, whatever you've been through, you deserve privacy.

"I'm not going to pry, you know, you've already got a story, and it's probably not a good one. It (the Rwandan genocide) had been in the news about a year before that.

"They were a normal family and they were normal kids trying to make ends meet. We chatted over the garden fence. You know, in the summer the back doors open, we chatted over the fence."

As a reminder, the suspect cannot be named for legal reasons.

His parents are from Rwanda and he has an older brother who was also born in Cardiff.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 9:08 am

This lad is lucky he's in the UK. In most countries he'd have been shot dead. Evil twat.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 5:14 pm

Of course, people want to know the suspect's race or religion so they can "justify" their Islamophobia/xenophobia/racism/antisemitism.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2024, 7:24 pm

As of the time I post this:

Quote:
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder after Monday's attack on a children's dance club in Hart Street.

ACC Goss said: "There has been much speculation and hypothesis around the status of a 17-year-old male who is currently in police custody, and some individuals are using this to bring violence and disorder to our streets.

“We have already said that the person arrested was born in the UK, and speculation helps nobody at this time."

The Home Secretary Yvette Cooper had earlier warned about disinformation linked to the attack.

The suspect has no known links to Islam.

Link to BBC article 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 3:06 am

DuckHairback wrote:

And why are you so convinced that people of Muslim faith will be more worried about the muderer being or not being Muslim than the fact that children were stabbed?

Because the UK has active anti-muslim extremists like the BNP and EDL who would use this to attack muslims