Was I 2E? Or was I given a false "gifted" label in school?

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2024, 2:37 am

Mod. edit: The following was added by request of the OP:

Please don't give me unsolicited advice if you do reply. I know that I need to seek help for my obsessions, but I'm not looking for more replies.
Thanks.

Please read entire post before replying (everyone on reddit is either highly subjective in their responses, or they misunderstand the question I ask, so i'm going to ditch reddit and try a new forum)

My parents taught me how to read and do basic math, using very visual-based methods that were used to teach brain damaged children how to read/do math, when i was 18 months old. Despite having an average FSIQ overall, I did research and realized it wasn't hyperlexia, as i wasn't self-taught and also I never got to reading at an adult level as i was only a few grades ahead until around 7th grade when i was completely average reading level. However my working memory index is far above everything else in my cognitive profile, so I'm still wondering if I would be considered 2E, or if i was falsely labelled "gifted" as a child (causing me to get labelled as not trying in areas i struggled). Here's a few arguments for/against giftedness, I honestly just need an unbiased response to help me figure things out. Seriously, because judging from posts in the past people on reddit would just say "you're gifted" with no reasoning, im not looking for validation about my intelligence as im fully aware that i have strengths just like everyone else, im looking to figure my past/present situation out and figure out what didnt line up, and why people are refusing to believe/roll their eyes about the thought of me needing support in some areas as an adult even after diagnosis, including my family (out of whom, my entire dads side "knew" I was autistic long before diagnosis, even as a toddler, but thinks im just a socially awkward genius).

------------------------------------

For:

working memory index above 120 as of last year (according to one commenter on reddit, "mild giftedness" starts at 120, which i thought was 130 not 120 but whatever)

In the gifted program in elementary school for reading starting from 4th grade, and math starting from 3rd grade

10th grade math level in 4th grade according to a standardized test, placed district level in math in 3rd and 4th grade mental arithmetic competitions called "numbers bee"

middle school reading level in 4th grade

In third grade I would place first even in my "gifted" enrichment class of about 10 to 12 kids, on math worksheet competitions everytime (outside of the very last time, when i got second)

97th percentile on math SAT, with an almost perfect score in the math and grammar section

was always considered the "smartest person i ever met" by others, sometimes within minutes of meeting me (but i never understood why)

strong memory; outside of a superior/"mildly gifted" working memory capacity, i can remember first and last names from as early as kindergarten, i could do multi digit mental math accurately when i was 4 to 5, i have memories from infancy/toddlerhood confirmed correct by my parents (such as the color of the roof of the car they got rid of when i was 6 months old and the floorplan of the apartment we moved out of when I was 5), etc., I can recall hundreds of digits of pi from long term memory even though i looked at the number a few times ages ago just to kill time and i outperformed everyone else in band class when it came to replaying some music pieces from memory. And I once was accused of being a creep by someone in middle school when i recalled a picture's first and last name, when really i just recognized the person in that picture from an elementary school yearbook that I had memorized (i didnt know it was creepy to say their name so i was confused)

constantly notice details that others miss even in day-to-day life, like wrong dates on tickets at work, and almost never make work errors

scored 128 on mensa.no, which is 2 points below gifted, when i took it out of curiosity many years ago

was described as the best coder in my class in computer science in high school
-----------------------------------------------

Against:

I taught myself basic programming when I was 12, even if it wasnt the same language, and used programming IDEs regularly since then, so that skill likely was from slightly more experience by high school, instead of raw intelligence/"giftedness"

By 7th grade, despite still being top of the grade in math, my peers had caught up to my reading level, as it was considered 7th grade reading level instead of advanced

i was initially put into math (gifted) enrichment in 1st grade but was kicked-out pretty quickly (and wasnt in there until 3rd grade, after the enrichment teachers switched), which mayve been linked to a meltdown i had right before

my dad had very obsessive-compulsive behaviors surrounding having smart children, not just forcing me to learn to read/do basic math as a literal baby, but also getting mad over any B he saw on a report card (i learned to hide bad grades from him from a very early age), obsessively checking my writing homework until it was perfect and not letting me turn it in before in elementary school, and making me do hours of work (mainly math as i was "better at math than language") outside of school from math workbooks, and forced me to practice SAT for hours every weekend for months, then getting upset that my SAT english precentile was in the 80s and tried to make me study and retake the test

Math and grammar SAT are known to be very praffable tests in SAT subreddits, on the reading comprehension section of the (new) SAT i would never make any progress beyond the 50-60% accuracy mark, even after months of practice, despite finding every other section extremely easy (and excuse the bad grammar in this post, it's only good when it comes to the "what comes next in this sentence" type of questions, or otherwise when I really try)

Average FSIQ as of last year, despite my working memory index being significantly higher

mensa.no percentile was almost the exact same as my matrix reasoning subtest in my evaluation, so it doesnt disprove the suggestion that i was mistakenly given a label by the education system as the areas I struggle with weren't present in that very narrow "IQ" test

outside of a 98th percentile matrix reasoning and a high working memory index (composed of 84th percentile digit span and 95th percentile arithmetic), every other measured area of functioning (including IQ) ranged from the 2nd to the 63rd percentile, so unlike most of those gifted people who scored like 140 on an IQ test after they just kindve "fell off", I'm actually a mostly average to below average individual, despite previous academic achievement and the fact that i remember factual information very quickly.

my high area was working memory, yet my verbal comprehension + my perceptual reasoning index fell into the range of average at 104, which is mostly only north of 100 due to how high matrix reasoning was as everything else was lower than what that score suggests (according to psychologist having a high working memory wouldnt count as gifted anyway, it would have to be either verbal comprehension index or perceptual reasoning index at a minimum but both of mine were very normal)

I struggled significantly with reading comprehension in school (at one point in 3rd grade i owed the most work in the entire class by far since i was unable to understand the work, and constantly owed recess for that reason), and even in my "gifted" reading class i would copy other kids in my group doing the worksheets, since i couldnt comprehend the events in the book despite being able to read the books aloud

poor summarizing skills (took a significant amount of effort to not plagiarize work on accident)

struggle with basic day-to-day tasks, such as filling out forms, phone dial menus, and understanding/comprehending what people are saying at appointments when theyre speaking. Ive screwed those things up countless times without help, to the extent i was regularly screamed at. A psychologist described me as interpreting a form "too concretely" in the report, i needed his assistance filling out a form. I also remember being the only kid in my class who couldnt hang a coat and i struggle with folding clothes

--------------------------------------------

The only idea that the psychologist had was my working memory but overall he seemed confused too. I get that I have *some* abilities above average, but nearly everyone does, as we all have strengths and weaknesses, so why me? Why is there such a massive discrepancy between my general abilities and people's expectations of me? Can you help me figure out why I was gaslighted for so long, causing me to feel guilt whenever I ask for even basic help that should be available to an average person? Would you say my academic acheivement was mostly due to tiger parenting or was it mostly due to the fact that i just so happen to have a very good memory for test information? Would I be considered 2E, just naturally bright in some areas that got falsely labelled as gifted as a child considering my GAI, or was it all due to parenting history? Is it just some social lie ("How are you so smart???") that I'm too autistic to understand? Reddit sucks so Im asking here. If you know of a better forum to ask this in, feel free to share.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 5:44 am

IQ scores is not limited to just inherent biological wiring or the 'natural talent', but the performance scores of the tests, which also factor in their education and upbringing.

Many upbringings usually lowers IQ levels; long term exposure to poisonous chemicals, malnutrition, accidents, neglect, deprivation, mental illness, etc.

Why not rising IQ levels, too?

Those who are 'immune' to those negative factors doesn't matter.
It doesn't make them the 'true gifted' people and anyone else who are well 'accommodated' and grew well from there are 'not'.

Your upbringing related to cognitive development sounds so good that you're measured as gifted.

But also instead of 'normalizing' you at the educational levels with your peers, you got your own progress and it happened that it's somewhat ahead of them.

This is even more true whether you're 2e or garden variety spiky profile.

And whether or not you're labeled gifted, as long as you're 'high functioning' enough, you'd still run over the thoughts and feelings of guilt of needing help and the presumption you can figure it all out yourself.

If it's your idea of giftedness meant be great at all areas; well...
"Omnigiftedness" is actually rare. Nor is the only definition of gifted.

Lastly, if you're "actually" gifted or not?

That's determined by your full scale IQ scores; even if you're average in one area and exceptional in another.
Even if you suck at life with severe executive dysfunction and mental illness 'holding you back'.

Personally, it shouldn't matter much.

If the label still serves you, go for it.
If it's detrimental to you, make it irrelevant, put a distance from your identity and move forward; get help you need, "gifted" or not.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2024, 6:13 am

Edna3362 wrote:

Lastly, if you're "actually" gifted or not?

That's determined by your full scale IQ scores; even if you're average in one area and exceptional in another.
Even if you suck at life with severe executive dysfunction and mental illness 'holding you back'.

See that's what I thought it was originally, i read FSIQ at or above 130 was gifted, but a lot of people on reddit (who must be either insecure or delusional) suggested otherwise. The fact that I was way below that just means that everyone in my life (somehow) was delusional this entire time

Edna3362 wrote:

If it's detrimental to you, make it irrelevant, put a distance from your identity and move forward

Thats exactly what ive been trying to do for years, but it's kindve hard when it seems like people go delusionally bizerk over every little minor thing that I happen to say, i stick out like a sore thumb even from the way i speak it seems like, everywhere I go, and im honestly growing so f*****g sick of it, it seems like i'll never be able to push it behind me just because others wont let me, and these people dont even know my past. It's not like this special reputation is helping me either, im literally on the verge of losing my very entry level job at this rate due to my inability to perform fast enough (speed has always been an issue my entire life), so the reputation is just pure annoyance and honestly pisses me off, it's not even true

Does some type of body language cause a psychological illusion that causes people to associate one's behaviors with a nerdy bookworm or something? I want to understand what would, if any, but i just cant

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 6:45 am

Being gifted puts a target on your back.

I think this has helped me be a good golfer, as the constant challenges means I'm well prepared to take on the difficult game of golf!

Perhaps the best thing to do is find friends who will accept that you are different.

Trying to hide being gifted is much the same as hiding autism or hiding the fact that you are gay or transgender.
Doing so may lead to too much stress and eventual burnout.

It helps to be kind to those who don't know. Everyone makes mistakes and appreciates it when someone remains kind.
Bullies, on the other hand, need to be put in their place. They will take kindness as a weakness.
They will back off if you hit them hard.

It may help to make a list of activities of daily life you need to do.
Try to do one a day so the list doesn't get too long!
I just postponed jury duty for six months as I had travel plans. What a hassle trying to figure that out!
But I did it!

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 7:15 am

Don't forget that IQ tests are subjective, as are most other "ranking" tests we are given. Comparisons are based on specific performances, and compared to peers, many people today protest that IQ tests are also inaccurate and biased in cultural and social ways, etc. They are not the one specific way to test how we gather and process information. "gifted" as a term or classification is subjective too, depending on who is doing comparisons for what purpose. We all grow and change and the many ways we perform tasks can change as we mature and gain experience , or our focus of learning changes, the information we are exposed to and choose to absorb may become specialized or we may gain other skills that are of use and that never get tested or measured. Every one of us has strengths and weaknesses, and there will always be somebody who has a strength or weakness we don't have. The "gifted" labels you got as a kid may not have any meaning today at all. I agree that sort of label builds up expectations and people think maybe we "should be" something we are not. It is difficult to live up to that sort of thing as a child, let alone as an adult. Your question probably has many answers and the answers, too, will be subjective. I hope you are not placing too much importance on the beliefs, labels, and ideas others try to impose on others as measures of your personal worth or value. Its OK to just be you and live your best life, trying to find the best self accommodations, the best self care, and the best ways to move forward as you continue to grow and change. Its all a "work in progress", and everything will continue to change.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 9:07 am

As a parent of 2E children and a 2E myself your story seems to support the 2E designation.

The mixed evidence you presented is exactly what I would expect for a 2E. Especially the IQ sub test scores spread.

The term “gifted” is NOT a technical term. “Gifted” is a term used (in the U.S.A) by educators to comply with the law and give every child an education. By law every child has a right to an education and public school need a practical way to comply with this general high level goal. Identifying students who would not be served by the standard curriculum became a need. So a number system that helps educators and administrators to make these decisions was created. The Intelligence Quotient was originally a quotient, or fraction to compare numeric measures of intelligence with the average correlated to each students age. If you scored like an average student two years older than your physical age you had a high IQ and if you scored like an average student two years younger than your physical age you had a low IQ. This assumed you were of school age and that older students had more intelligence than younger students on average. Later the tests were adjusted to also work for adults but the age thing was then dropped and replaced with percentile across the population. The general rule that IQ scores increased with age stops working after a certain age, a 10 year old really does have a higher IQ score than a 8 year old on average, however a 50 year old doesn’t really have a higher IQ score than a 48 year old on average.

Gifted programs in public schools use different cut-offs for percentile IQ by state and sometimes by school district. 80th percentile is common. Some places might use 90th others 85th. You can verify this yourself with some googling.

Mensa uses 98th percentile for membership. They have a list of tests thar they accept on their web site and the numeric score that indicates 98th percentile for that test.

Consequently you can be genuinely “gifted” but still miss the Mensa cut off, even using the same IQ test score.

If you took a Mensa test and were just below the cutoff and still want to join Mensa or just know you could you can probably study and take practice test, get tested again and get in.

The term “genius” is also not in current use in mental health professionals. Terms like “superior” and “very superior” are used.

More details on terminology and test scores here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_classification

https://www.hoagiesgifted.org/identification.htm

https://www.us.mensa.org/join/testscore ... st-scores/

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 9:30 am

American Mensa accepts scores from approximately 200 different standardized intelligence tests*. Often potential members have taken acceptable tests at other times in their lives and don’t realize they may already qualify for membership.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 12:40 pm

J.J. wrote:
Does some type of body language cause a psychological illusion that causes people to associate one's behaviors with a nerdy bookworm or something? I want to understand what would, if any, but i just cant

Possibly.
There is such thing 'looking smart', 'sounding smart', 'impression of competence'.

Which could be anything.

It could be the way you verbally express is associated with 'smart', patterns associated with high VIQ, or certain education levels of particular socioeconomic classes within your local culture...
Or heck, stereotypes even.

It sticks out a little in some ways if you're actually are in the autism spectrum, if one expressing themselves is too aloof and very independent, or too stiff and formal...

Or not informal enough, not approachable enough; in a sense they'd sense some sort of intellectual intimidation and assume you'll judge them which can lead to a lot of nasty things which is stupid.

But there's also the external factor of someone else hyping you up for other people.

Just where did your reputation started with?

Perhaps your first impressions were too good that they'd assume that's your norm or all of you?
Or maybe you got too many mutual friends from school days?

In any case; even if your rep isn't about being gifted or great in academics but even just pass as 'not struggling', 'does not look autistic and is a whiner'; the judgement is likely still the same minus label.

Are you masking, too, if you're autistic?
Or pass as NT easily enough whether you do or not to dismiss your struggles?

As much as "Low functioning autistics" gets their assets ignored...
"High functioning autistics" gets their needs and struggles ignored and dismissed after all.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2024, 1:12 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

Just where did your reputation started with?

Tbh it started at birth. My parents made a massive deal when I didnt cry coming out of the womb and just looked around with my head held up as if i were observing the room. They made a massive deal that I clicked on the keyboard and looked up at the screen at a few months. They made a massive deal that I learned (was explicitly taught with a special method) to read at 18 months. This just carried on into kindergarten.

The only thing im less sure about is pre-K, I would have to try to find a way to get in contact with my pre-K teachers and ask what they noticed in me development-wise (i remember their names however they were a bit abusive so i dont think i would want to try to find them), but outside of my family definitely since kindergarten since they were already trying to put me in a gifted class since i could read. However it got really noticeable (as in people started explicitly talking about it, to the extent where it became really annoying) in third grade.

Last edited by J.J. on 01 Aug 2024, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2024, 1:15 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

Are you masking, too, if you're autistic?
Or pass as NT easily enough whether you do or not to dismiss your struggles?

As much as "Low functioning autistics" gets their assets ignored...
"High functioning autistics" gets their needs and struggles ignored and dismissed after all.

Yes I'm autistic, that's what the psychologist diagnosed me with.
I honestly don't know how to mask well, for instance I still cant make proper eye contact as an adult. So as you can probably imagine my life before was hell, 0 friends for roughly 95% of my life before that. If anything my "masking" was just not speaking to anyone, but the thing is i never had much interest in speaking to others anyway, i was more interested in my own obsession (whatever it was at the time, but for most of my childhood it was prehistoric life and stats of wildlife), so i was usually pacing around the playground or reading a book that reminded me of it, instead of actually trying to talk with others for example. It concerned quite a few teachers iirc, they tried to get me to interact with people but i didnt really care enough to a large portion of the time

Last edited by J.J. on 01 Aug 2024, 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2024, 1:20 pm

Fenn wrote:
As a parent of 2E children and a 2E myself your story seems to support the 2E designation.

The mixed evidence you presented is exactly what I would expect for a 2E. Especially the IQ sub test scores spread.

The term “gifted” is NOT a technical term. “Gifted” is a term used (in the U.S.A) by educators to comply with the law and give every child an education. By law every child has a right to an education and public school need a practical way to comply with this general high level goal. Identifying students who would not be served by the standard curriculum became a need. So a number system that helps educators and administrators to make these decisions was created. The Intelligence Quotient was originally a quotient, or fraction to compare numeric measures of intelligence with the average correlated to each students age. If you scored like an average student two years older than your physical age you had a high IQ and if you scored like an average student two years younger than your physical age you had a low IQ. This assumed you were of school age and that older students had more intelligence than younger students on average. Later the tests were adjusted to also work for adults but the age thing was then dropped and replaced with percentile across the population. The general rule that IQ scores increased with age stops working after a certain age, a 10 year old really does have a higher IQ score than a 8 year old on average, however a 50 year old doesn’t really have a higher IQ score than a 48 year old on average.

Gifted programs in public schools use different cut-offs for percentile IQ by state and sometimes by school district. 80th percentile is common. Some places might use 90th others 85th. You can verify this yourself with some googling.

Mensa uses 98th percentile for membership. They have a list of tests thar they accept on their web site and the numeric score that indicates 98th percentile for that test.

Consequently you can be genuinely “gifted” but still miss the Mensa cut off, even using the same IQ test score.

If you took a Mensa test and were just below the cutoff and still want to join Mensa or just know you could you can probably study and take practice test, get tested again and get in.

The term “genius” is also not in current use in mental health professionals. Terms like “superior” and “very superior” are used.

More details on terminology and test scores here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_classification

https://www.hoagiesgifted.org/identification.htm

https://www.us.mensa.org/join/testscore ... st-scores/

Alright well I guess that's good to know. If it turns out that I'm actually 2E then I cant be too upset any longer because everyone would be half-right (even if it's by some weird intuition). Even if it's odd that it only showed up on an IQ test by that tiny amount.

I'll look at the links later, in a bit of a rush right now

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2024, 1:23 pm

You guys responded so much better than reddit and actually took time to understand what I was saying and help me the best you could. Thank you all, this place seems way better.

Stormyweathers
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Aug 2024, 2:04 pm

If you read my test scores, I am firmly in the category of "genius". My IQ scores range from 145 and up depending on which test, which day. 1560 SAT. National Merit Scholar on the PSAT followed by scholarship. Duke University study, I could go on.

So, let me stop right here and tell you an important truth.

Intelligence cannot be reliably determined by a standardized test. Testing can suggest intelligence with reasonable reliability, but if you are fundamentally a different person from just about everyone else, that makes it more likely that your testing results are less reliable.

When I am accused of being a genius, a fairly frequent event, I reply the same way every time.

"Yes, I am a genius, just like my lifelong mentor and role model, Mr. Wile-E-Coyote. You give me an ACME catalog, I give you predictable results."

They think I am joking, but really, I'm not.

I'm 53 years old. I'm smart. That debate has been over for a long time. I support my family by solving problems no one else can ...

... and it's tough to hold down a job.

I couldn't make myself do homework. Acquiring the discipline to graduate college was a Herculean effort, but like most things in my life, it was all or nothing, so I graduated Cum Laude. If it hadn't been with honors, I would have failed instead and gone to work in construction like my "genius" father.

Don't spend any clock cycles worrying whether you are or are not gifted. It doesn't matter. Look at what you can do. Look at what you can make yourself do day after day after year after decade after divorce after heart surgery ...

... and with all your might seek a way to make a contribution, preferably one that comes with a salary.

To state all of this more succinctly, find a skill, not a score.

Good luck.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 4:59 pm

An obsession with metrics may bring you undone.

I suggest you focus on what makes you happy.

As for strengths and weaknesses, we all have them.
Excel at the things you're good at.
Work on the things at which you're mediocre.
Get help with those at which you suck. (This is the REALLY hard one for me, as I have difficulty asking.)

Ignore the labels, refuse to be pigeonholed and "To thine own self be true"

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2024, 7:50 pm

Stormyweathers wrote:
If you read my test scores, I am firmly in the category of "genius". My IQ scores range from 145 and up depending on which test, which day. 1560 SAT. National Merit Scholar on the PSAT followed by scholarship. Duke University study, I could go on.

So, let me stop right here and tell you an important truth.

Intelligence cannot be reliably determined by a standardized test. Testing can suggest intelligence with reasonable reliability, but if you are fundamentally a different person from just about everyone else, that makes it more likely that your testing results are less reliable.

When I am accused of being a genius, a fairly frequent event, I reply the same way every time.

"Yes, I am a genius, just like my lifelong mentor and role model, Mr. Wile-E-Coyote. You give me an ACME catalog, I give you predictable results."

They think I am joking, but really, I'm not.

I'm 53 years old. I'm smart. That debate has been over for a long time. I support my family by solving problems no one else can ...

... and it's tough to hold down a job.

I couldn't make myself do homework. Acquiring the discipline to graduate college was a Herculean effort, but like most things in my life, it was all or nothing, so I graduated Cum Laude. If it hadn't been with honors, I would have failed instead and gone to work in construction like my "genius" father.

Don't spend any clock cycles worrying whether you are or are not gifted. It doesn't matter. Look at what you can do. Look at what you can make yourself do day after day after year after decade after divorce after heart surgery ...

... and with all your might seek a way to make a contribution, preferably one that comes with a salary.

To state all of this more succinctly, find a skill, not a score.

Good luck.

Your case is different. You're just gifted plain and simple. You would definitely be 2E.

The issue that I was trying to bring up is that when i was assessed i was far from "gifted" (IQ is 107), and the assessment shows that im not the crazy one for needing help that others refuse to give me because I'm "gifted". So I asked if it would be 2E and gave an essay for and against, because in that case I could look for a 2E forum to ask how I should best explain to those who don't understand. If it isn't 2E then there'd be no point in trying as their experience would be different

Last edited by J.J. on 01 Aug 2024, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.J.
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2024, 7:54 pm

Carbonhalo wrote:
An obsession with metrics may bring you undone.

I suggest you focus on what makes you happy.

As for strengths and weaknesses, we all have them.
Excel at the things you're good at.
Work on the things at which you're mediocre.
Get help with those at which you suck. (This is the REALLY hard one for me, as I have difficulty asking.)

Ignore the labels, refuse to be pigeonholed and "To thine own self be true"

I do have hobbies, but as I mentioned in earlier comments, I hate it constantly being shoved in my face, so I'm looking for a way to explain to people when they go on to use that against the fact that im not nearly as independent as they think and need way more support than they'd imagine. I cant ignore it when others don't let me :skull: