Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 5:03 pm

Who would you like to see be president?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2024, 7:39 pm

I am voting for Kamala Harriss. Endorse is the wrong word for an anti-Trump.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vividgroovy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2024, 1:50 am

May I ask that "None of the above" be added as a poll option? :)

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2024, 7:37 am

Uncommitted.

I hate Kamala and Biden, and my state is deep red anyway.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Harmonie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2024, 11:18 am

Kamala Harris, of course. There is no other choice there that is reasonable if you ask me.

Not that my vote matters much. Whichever state I'm registered in voting for in the end (yay for all of the stress of moving in an election year, right?) - my past state is deep red, my new state is deep blue.

But for people in swing states (including states that seem to have been taken off the table one way or the other - Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, New Hampshire, etc.), they need to get out and vote blue!

After seeing AZ and GA flip blue last election, it makes me feel like a lot of other states could flip blue, too... My home state, however, not so much. Every single county was red. That state is a lost cause.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2024, 11:38 am

Harmonie wrote:
Kamala Harris, of course. There is no other choice there that is reasonable if you ask me.

Not that my vote matters much. Whichever state I'm registered in voting for in the end (yay for all of the stress of moving in an election year, right?) - my past state is deep red, my new state is deep blue.

But for people in swing states (including states that seem to have been taken off the table one way or the other - Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, New Hampshire, etc.), they need to get out and vote blue!

After seeing AZ and GA flip blue last election, it makes me feel like a lot of other states could flip blue, too... My home state, however, not so much. Every single county was red. That state is a lost cause.

I am trying to escape to NYC, San Francisco or Seattle because of politics. And this is if Harris wins.

If Trump wins, I will have to flee the U.S. entirely.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2024, 1:26 pm

vividgroovy wrote:
May I ask that "None of the above" be added as a poll option? :)

And...the option of "A tree stump with a happy faced carved into it". :lol:

Harmonie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2024, 1:27 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am trying to escape to NYC, San Francisco or Seattle because of politics. And this is if Harris wins.

I don't your specific criteria, but I would widen my horizons if I were you. My dream for a long time was to be in a suburb of Boston, MA, but obviously that is extraordinary expensive, which just isn't feasible for me and likely never will be. I had to expand my horizons.

I had a number of states I was ultimately thinking about:
All New England states (save for New Hampshire, while it votes blue in the vast majority of recent presidential elections, it's not a true blue state)
Minnesota, upstate NY, Illinois, Maryland, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, North California, and New Mexico (if all other options were exhausted. I would hate NM's climate).
And for swing states Michigan was the leader for me. The state elected great people recently, but I can't trust a state the ever voted for Trump, there's just too many bad people there. and those bad people could overtake the good people again all too easily. Also kinda considered Pennsylvania, but for the same reasons I ultimately had to go with a blue state.

Climate and politics along with culture were the big factors for me. For climate, I want four seasons. That's one reason why NM, California, Nevada, Hawaii, lower altitude parts of Colorado fell off the table for me quickly.

Ultimately with politics and culture included I had to go with a New England state. The culture here is right up my alley. I'm loving it.

I wish you luck on getting wherever you end up!
Maybe your situation is different, but I couldn't even dream of Seattle, NYC or San Francisco. If you are able, then I wish you the best of luck. Otherwise, I'd advise you to look at these other blue states.

Quote:
If Trump wins, I will have to flee the U.S. entirely.

Honestly, I feel the same. However, I straight-up don't have that option without any good skills, without a lot of money and with disabilities. If Trump wins, I'm a sitting duck. From what I see, I have no escape routes. I just... have to hope that the populace in November curb stomps Trump and his Christofascists, otherwise I'm in trouble. :pale:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 1:57 pm

Kamala Harris. She's got everything. Looks, charm, brains and I think she's on the spectrum. Her and I have the same way of talking except maybe the accent.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 2:24 pm

I would vote for the aforementioned "tree stump with a happy face carved into it" because it wouldnt be Trump. But I do like Kamala and Biden too.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 2:32 pm

Harmonie wrote:

Climate and politics along with culture were the big factors for me. For climate, I want four seasons. That's one reason why NM, California, Nevada, Hawaii, lower altitude parts of Colorado fell off the table for me quickly.

I think you'll need to rethink this bit.

Half the USA will be getting 8 seasons within 10 years.
Tornado alley is going to be a highway.
Atmospheric rivers will change the landscape.
State borders based on rivers are about to become mobile.

Re-electing a clown in an impending disaster scenario after his performance during COVID strikes the rest of the world as nationally suicidal.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2024, 7:28 pm

I think Trump's brain is as orange as his face. He's gone to his own head. I don't give 2 s**ts if I'm Pro-Life and Harris is Pro-Choice. I can disagree with a candidate on one thing and still think that she's a great person.