Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 2:06 pm

When I woke up, I had a total blank of what day it was, I really hate that. I forgetting other stuff too.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 2:09 pm

Yea, me too. I have wall clocks with the time and day/date on them so I know what day it is. Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue.. I also have a week to view A5 diary to put important stuff in so I don't forget it, and an expandable A-Z expanding box file for important diocuments.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Last edited by Rossall on 06 Aug 2024, 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 2:13 pm

I completely agree.
I wanted to add....... Something

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 2:55 pm

Happens to me constantly. I need to get a planner but I keep forgetting.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2024, 11:57 pm

I've become more forgetful as I get older. It's frustrating for sure.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 12:57 am

I'm also becoming more forgetful as I get older.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 5:52 am

I often leave the key in the lock, and the next second I forget the plan of the last second.I can use the schedule for big things, but there is really no good way for such small things.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 7:13 am

The great thing about forgetting is you are always meeting new people.

Plus you can hide your own Easter Eggs.

Of all the things I’ve lost I miss my mind the most.

HHOS (Ha Ha Only Serious)

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2024, 7:14 am

The great thing about forgetting is you are always meeting new people.

Plus you can hide your own Easter Eggs.

Of all the things I’ve lost I miss my mind the most.

HHOS (Ha Ha Only Serious)

petbottle762
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2024, 4:16 am

I forget things frequently, usually trivial things. Otherwise the structure I follow is self contained and controlled such that forgetting something small will not disrupt the whole.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 9:28 am

At home my wall calendar is on July 2023.
Most of the time I don't know what day of the week or day of the month it is.
Fairly often I forget what month or even what season it is.
In summer I think it's winter because I'm cold with air con.
In winter I think it's summer because my house gets really stuffy.
I get spring and autumn mixed up because they have the same weather.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 10:04 am

I have an Apple Watch. It took a lot of hunting and trial and error but I found a plug-in (called a “complication” in watch-maker jargon, and following suit, Apple Watch jargon) named “Better Day” to display weekday, month and day. My iPhone can find my watch (but it is usually on my wrist or on the charger by my bed, so it really doesn’t get lost) and my watch can find my iPhone so it doesn’t get lost as much. I bought some Apple AirTags (put them on Christmas wish list and my wife bought them) which are RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags. I got an eyeglass cord which goes around the back of my neck and has a plastic thing that holds an Apple AirTag. Now my iPhone can find my glasses and cause them to make an audible tone. It makes it easier to find them when they get lost. There are other AirTag holding things to go on key chains and so on. An AirTag looks like an oversized U.S. nickel or a big button battery. Bigger than a nickel but smaller than a quarter.
I thought it was a dumb idea at first but I like it now.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 10:26 am

Google

day of the week clock

To see some interesting options that cost less than an Apple Watch

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 10:34 am

I check the date on my phone or laptop.
I can't do watches and jewelry.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 10:44 am

No longer check days myself.
Like I stopped tracking in my head if it's Thursday or the 5th...

I can afford to wear digital watches; time, date, month, weekday...
I have a pocket sized datebook full of written lists. It's both a tracker and a planner.

If it weren't for it, I wouldn't know what the date is. I occasionally check my phone for time and date, but that's just it.

I prefer mine on paper because I never found digital versions that will give me the flexibility and a month long birds eye view without it's view/graphics related limitations of it's interface to ever make use of my visual spatial processing related preference...

Preferably viewed only in private. It is personal.

But I don't get down to the habit of checking it every morning or every other times 100% yet.

Usually with other people, they just have a list by their alarms (or in their alarms like with their phone), with the tasks or event under the date, usually written anytime before the date itself.

And I don't know.

There's one's cognitive preference to the processing based which is basically just a bullet list that goes top to bottom, left to right...
Usually wither weeklys setups or linear datebooks that doesn't create calendar grids.

Some would just resort to a page a day list.
Some have fancy time indicators, some are literal just the date on the top and do anything with whatever current page of the day.

Then there's the more spatial options.
Mine is basically just a less than 30 paged mini notebook with this year's calendar grids in it, a whole month dedicated for 2 pages, a day each cell...

And then there's the meta; remembering that the list exists, remembering where that list is, remembering to check the list first thing in the morning and at any point in time, acquiring the habit of checking and filling up the lists, task switching itself just to check the lists...

This is the part I kept struggling somehow.

That's just remembering.
Going through it is another...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 12:41 pm

I have issues with WM (brain working memory). This limits the number of things I can “keep in mind” and “think about, in the middle of my mind, the center of my attention”. This also means my relationship with time is wonky. Time, it turns out is a tricky thing. The sun goes up and the sun goes down and you know this because you can see it. For time more or less than a day or things are harder. So people invented clocks and calendars. I have time noticing the passage of time during a day. I also have trouble remembering how many days ago something happened. Dates on a page make little sense to me and digits tend to turn onto alphabet soup. The only thing that really makes sense is geometry. If I can make a visual pattern out of dates then I can make sense of them.

Paper has better resolution than most screens. 600 dots per inch is common with paper. 75 dots per inch is more common with screens. But I find paper so easy to loose and you cannot program it.