Nationwide hunt for Lovelorn teen

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2024, 8:59 pm

this is news but illustrates the plight of young teenage men who struggle to find love.

His parents were worried he was a victim of foul play
https://www.kidspot.com.au/news/i-am-no ... 2332326654

But it turns out he was running away from home to escape embarrassment of being rejected by a girl
https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... f92a856bd4

the humiliation he was experiencing was real. the course of action he took was extreme, but knowing how I felt when I was his age I can understand how he felt. Not sure what to do with these young teenagers/young men. Girls/women reject them and they don't know where to turn.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2024, 9:35 pm

I hope that they find him soon.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 2:44 am

He's been spotted living in a men's shelter in Sydney (he's from Melbourne). He apparently is so embarrassed about not having a girlfriend (or being rejected) that he could not face anyone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 5:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
He apparently is so embarrassed about not having a girlfriend (or being rejected) that he could not face anyone.
I wonder if he thinks that running away is helping his luck with the ladies, or if he thinks he is the only 16-year old boy who was ever rejected by a girl.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 4:15 pm

I hope he comes home soon. I wonder if his parents are putting too much pressure on him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 5:12 pm

Yes . . . let us blame the parents before we know all the facts.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 5:28 pm

Like him, I grew up in Werribee. I'm not sure it's just rejection he's running from.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 6:28 pm

Carbonhalo wrote:
Like him, I grew up in Werribee. I'm not sure it's just rejection he's running from.

Yeah if you watch/listen to his parents they seem a little overbearing/helicopter parents. His mom crying her eyes out calling the teenage girl a loser and that he'll find somebody better on national tv was cringe. I suspect the parent's knew all along and the mother was putting on an act in front of millions.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 6:34 pm

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
He apparently is so embarrassed about not having a girlfriend (or being rejected) that he could not face anyone.
I wonder if he thinks that running away is helping his luck with the ladies, or if he thinks he is the only 16-year old boy who was ever rejected by a girl.

that's a tricky one. On the one hand he'll forever be the young guy who had a statewide missing person's search so he's notorious on one level that if he every returned to school he might inadvertently be a celebrity for being on national/global tv. On the flipside his mother splashed the fact he's a loser to everyone in the world so (ironically) it might be a further incentive never to show his face again in his hometown.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2024, 7:10 pm

Ok he's been returned to his parents
https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 9de0d7568e

I wouldn't want to be him when he get's home.