Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2024, 8:14 pm

I find it very stressful to make myself eat healthy most of the time. Also, when I'm feeling stressed out, I tend to not even try to watch what I eat. All I want after a stressful day at work is a familiar dinner followed by a bunch of junk food (sugary snacks, ice cream, lunch meat with cheese, etc.). After that all I want to do is crawl into bed, rub my nice full tummy, and watch TV until I fall asleep. I know this isn't really healthy, but it's how I manage my stress. Anyone else the same way?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2024, 8:26 pm

I stress eat, too. I eat because I don't tolerate a lot of negative feelings and certain thoughts.

To a point that I blow my savings because of it.

If it weren't for my mother's genes, I'd be visibly fat and obese.

But I'm still not as healthy as my figure suggests.
I can't simply eat as much as my head would want it; I'd be constantly too full and half the time nauseated if that's going to be.

I don't like it.
It's tricky. Switching diets would need me multiple long term and gradual switch.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2024, 9:53 pm

I also stress eat. I love to eat and it shows.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2024, 10:00 pm

I do this too but I am really really trying not to. I am a bit overweight, nothing too bad, but I would like to lose about 10 pounds, but in almost a year of trying I have not succeeded, and I really don't think I eat that much. But my go-to is definitely what you describe: getting snacks and just going through them.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2024, 2:56 am

When I am stressed, I can't eat anything, I would vomit then if I ate something. I inherited this feature from my grandfather who every time after he quarreled with grandma, didn't eat anything for several days and my mom being a young girl then, had to convince him to eat something.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2024, 2:58 am

I can't afford junk food or even enough "real" food so no, I don't eat extra when I'm stressed.
When I'm stressed I usually refrain from eating anything, to save money.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2024, 3:37 am

Idk I don't eat a lot of junk food all the time, but sometimes I certainly eat more unhealthy things at once than I should If I am feeling some extra stress, though at other times I can barely eat at all because of stress to.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2024, 8:42 pm

I am the same way as most people report. If I'm really anxious about something or depressed, then I won't have an appetite and I have to force myself to eat regularly. However, when I'm just tired, sore, and stressed, I just want to eat my comfort foods and then lay in my bed. The exception being last Saturday because I had a back and body ache and it was painful to sit up, so I skipped lunch and went straight for a nap.