Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 3:59 pm

Hi All!, I used to play video games alot growing up so just wanted to ask what everyone's favorite video game is or was. I loved Sonic the Hedgehog in my preteen years and had a Sega Genesis that I got for Christmas. It was the first video game console I ever got. I got Playstation when I was about 13 or 14. I say my favorite video game there was Twisted Metal 3. I also love Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Metal Gear Solid! I don't play video games that much anymore except over a close friend's house. I used to have Gamepro magazines growing up and EGM!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:00 pm

My favorite video game of all time is Breath of the Wild. Zelda games are a special interest of mine.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:01 pm

VBS
(Virtual Battle Space)

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:03 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
My favorite video game of all time is Breath of the Wild. Zelda games are a special interest of mine.

That's awesome! I love Zelda too. I had Link's Awakening for Game Boy growing up. I still have it, lol. A couple years ago I bought a SNES and "A Link to the Past". I played a little bit of it and liked it! I heard "Breath of the Wild" was really good! I also loved "Ocarina of Time" but never got too far. My best friend is a huge Zelda fan. It's a great, great series of games!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Last edited by Brian0787 on 20 Aug 2024, 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:04 pm

rFactor
NHL 95
NHL 08
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Sega Rally
Initial Unity
Neverwinter Nights
DopeWars
Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:04 pm

Carbonhalo wrote:
VBS
(Virtual Battle Space)

I will have to look that one up!

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
rFactor
NHL 95
NHL 08
Sega Rally
Initial Unity
Neverwinter Nights
DopeWars

I played NHL 95 growing up for Genesis! That's awesome. I heard of Sega Rally too and Neverwinter Nights. I think they were both for Sega Saturn. I will have to look up the others :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:13 pm

Brian0787 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
rFactor
NHL 95
NHL 08
Sega Rally
Initial Unity
Neverwinter Nights
DopeWars

I played NHL 95 growing up for Genesis! That's awesome. I heard of Sega Rally too and Neverwinter Nights. I think they were both for Sega Saturn. I will have to look up the others :)

I don't think NWN was available on any consoles until NWN: EE was ported to Xbawks 1, Switch and PS4 in 2019.

I learned how to fix the 128 point glitch in NHL 95 so you can play a full season, win more than 64 games and still make the playoffs. Normally once you get >127 season points you fall to bottom of the league because the value is handled wrong.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Brian0787 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
rFactor
NHL 95
NHL 08
Sega Rally
Initial Unity
Neverwinter Nights
DopeWars

I don't think NWN was available on any consoles until NWN: EE was ported to Xbawks 1, Switch and PS4 in 2019.

I learned how to fix the 128 point glitch in NHL 95 so you can play a full season, win more than 64 games and still make the playoffs. Normally once you get >127 season points you fall to bottom of the league because the value is handled wrong.

I stand corrected about Neverwinter Nights and you are right! I was thinking of a totally different game for Sega Saturn with that for some reason. Ah ok! I thought I remember reading a long time ago there was a glitch for NHL 95 but that's awesome you learned how to get past it! It must have been in a Gamepro article or question at the time. I seem to have a vague memory of it!

EDIT: I was thinking about "Nights into Dreams" for Saturn :lol: I have no idea why I thought it was Neverwinter Nights. Looking at the box though I have seen it before!

Last edited by Brian0787 on 20 Aug 2024, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 4:21 pm

Carbonhalo wrote:
VBS
(Virtual Battle Space)

Virtual Battle Space looks awesome! I love the concept of it and it's cool to see it's used for training!

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 6:38 pm

Forgot one other video game series I loved for Sega Genesis and that is Mortal Kombat! Got to love the 90's. :D My favorite character was Scorpion. This is from the 1995 movie but I still love it.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 6:53 pm

I cannot pick one, but at the moment I would have to say Harvest Moon DS: Cute - the "girl" Harvest Moon DS game. Back then, different games were created to play solely as the male farmer or the female farmer. I still can here the sound of when you select something.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 6:59 pm

Harvest Moon is a great series! My best friend had a couple of the games and would watch him play it.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 12:53 pm

After beating Psychonauts twice, I've come to really appreciate the game. I find it comforting as a way to deal with the troubles within my own mind and wishing I could help the minds of others in my life (looks at my dad).

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 1:01 pm

- Legacy of Kain series
- Pokemon
- Legend of Zelda (Majora's Mask, most favorite)
- Chrono Trigger
- Tachyon the Fringe
- Lord of the Rings Online
- Pre-Disney Star Wars (Jedi Academy and Rogue Squadron)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 1:10 pm

^ I really like Majora’s Mask, too.