Post your favorite video game song/soundtrack

Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2024, 5:46 pm

Hi All, I just thought it would be fun to post some video games songs so please feel free to post your favorite video game soundtrack/songs here. I wasn't sure if this was more appropriate on this forum or on the television, film and music forum so thought I would start here since it's video game related. As a note to the mods I can remove and repost in Art, Writing and Music if it's more appropriate there :) I get goosebumbs and chills whenever I hear the theme for this one and loved the game. The composer for it is Harry Gregson-Williams. Such an epic one

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 12:06 am

I love a LOT of video game music

Especially Nintendo!! !

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 12:35 am

I'm more for the vintage stuff-

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 12:39 am

King Kat 1 wrote:
I'm more for the vintage stuff-

Very cool! I like alot of vintage games too and have heard of Ninja Gaiden!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 12:40 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Especially Nintendo!! !

That's awesome! I love game soundtracks and game music. I think I started liking it alot after playing Final Fantasy VII in my teen years. Nintendo has alot of good game music. I love the music in Metroid Prime.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 12:53 am

Brian0787 wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Especially Nintendo!! !

That's awesome! I love game soundtracks and game music. I think I started liking it alot after playing Final Fantasy VII in my teen years. Nintendo has alot of good game music. I love the music in Metroid Prime.

My introduction to video game music was from the Super Nintendo game Mickey Mania

That is what started my love of the genre!! !

Metroid Prime has good BGM, I agree

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 12:57 am

MHolot
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2024, 1:03 am

Huge Nintendo fanboy here! Favorite video game song, especially when I was a teenager, was "Smiles and Tears" from Earthbound! That whole trilogy has incredible music.

I'm not sure what it is now.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:04 am

I want to see VGM on mainstream radio but unfortunately it wouldn't generate enough profit like major record labels and their singers (***coughTaylor Swiftcough***)!

That's too bad...

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:11 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Brian0787 wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

Especially Nintendo!! !

My introduction to video game music was from the Super Nintendo game Mickey Mania

That is what started my love of the genre!! !

Metroid Prime has good BGM, I agree

Ah, very cool! I think I remember playing a Mickey game for Sega Genesis but can't remember what it was. I loved Sonic the Hedgehog when I was younger and loved that music alot too. I love the music to all the Super Mario games. I wish there would be more mainstream radio stations that play it too. There are some internet stations but it's not the same as being able to pick it up on the radio. I always loved this one for Metroid Prime.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:13 am

Mega man always had some good music, as did Ninja Gaiden as listed above. Ninja Gaiden 2, the sound effects were different than the 1st game. I prefer the original, but I still like the ones in 2.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:14 am

MHolot wrote:
Huge Nintendo fanboy here! Favorite video game song, especially when I was a teenager, was "Smiles and Tears" from Earthbound! That whole trilogy has incredible music.

I'm not sure what it is now.

I heard of Earthbound! Very cool! It was a pretty popular game for SNES. I remember reading articles about it when I had GamePro magazine when I was little. I miss that magazine. It was awesome. I will have to look up the song!

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:16 am

King Kat 1 wrote:
Mega man always had some good music, as did Ninja Gaiden as listed above. Ninja Gaiden 2, the sound effects were different than the 1st game. I prefer the original, but I still like the ones in 2.

thank you for sharing King Kat! I like the music in this! Makes me want to get a NES and play it.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:19 am

Here is one of Sonic I always liked :) This is from the first stage in the game.

Last edited by Brian0787 on 23 Aug 2024, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:21 am

King Kat 1 wrote:

I like the music in Mega Man 2 too! Very cool. I heard about Mega Man 2 growing up but never really seen it before.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2024, 1:22 am