Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2024, 1:13 am

The official website of this game

An A-RPG game that was released on August 20th and seems to be a huge success.
Has anyone played it? What did you think?

somethingdifficult
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2024, 5:08 pm

I played it. It is very good.
I am very uncoordinated so all games of this genre are really hard for me. However most soulslikes had multiplayer so I played a lot of different ones with my friends and got pretty solid idea about the genre. Played a bit of dark souls, a lot of Nioh 1-2, Elden ring, Strangers of paradise, Wu long, Remnant 1-2, and out of all these games Wu kong is the smoothest, the least clunkiest game.

For example only Wu kong has an option to drink potion and move at the same time. Only Wu kong has the dodging mechanic based on your reaction like no other game. You can actually dodge attacks after you saw the animation started. Most games assume you like predict these and when boss attacks it is too late (or at least it feels that way). Remnant 2 was the worst offender because they based the dodge on a trait and if you never picked it you are absolutely screwed and can not dodge anything. In Wu kong it feels like a fair chance for you so it is worth trying to dodge at any stage of the battle.
I can't play a lot because my hands start hurting, so I am progressing slowly, but even if I never finish it I already will remember it fondly, because how satisfying the battles are

Oh and the ability to toss away arrows with your staff twirling, that is brilliant! And other games don't have similar stuff, so simple but yet so so fun

Also what was really a pleasant surprise is how easy it is to navigate even without minimap. I am so bad with navigation in real world, I have zero sense of direction. However that game has the levels built that way so you can't really be lost and even someone like me can travel without going in circles and at the same time without loosing that sense of the open world.

Great game!