uhhh! grr why wont SSi give me the proper amount of money.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 2:14 am

Since I quit my job and am not working I should be going back to the full amount of at least 800 dollars a month, but the local ssi office never seems able to actually help...like I sent them my last pay stubs I could get, and then since it ended badly at that place I was only able to give a banks statement of my last paychecks cause that last boss is hard to get ahold of and don't think I could rely on him to send the stubs. but last person I talked to said my case was processing and there wasn't anything they could do but they did confirmI sent in enough info for them to process it correctly but I still juust recently got a letter that they want to reduce my payments further and I don't get how they don't understand I am on disability, while I had part time work makes sense to decrease funds based on what I am making but I haven't made anything since early in july and still they want to reduce my payment for october when I will not be making any money. And have not made any money this month, seems somehow they keep forgetting to process that I am not working, but still have to pay the same amount of rent for me and my boyfriend to afford our place.

So Idk next time I call the SSI office I may lead with, do I need to file an appeal or not..I will tell them I have called multiple times in the past few months to try and see if they have all the records straight
The me juust getting barely over 300 dollars is killing us when I am not even working partially due to the disability. So idk mabybe I need to stick up more and juust do the appeal if the local SSI office isn't much help. If I appeal I could probably once again get a disability attorney that would help prove my case. Its juust it shouldn't be such a hassle and come to this but it has so yeah I think I may need to appeal it.

cause it is ridiculous I have not worked sincce July 3rd or I guees that was my last day cause I clocked in, told my boss the manager and her friend were bullying me, he said he would talk to them but then did not seem so serious about it so that same day I went back and told him, you know actually I juust can't do this anymore, I think you need to terminate my employment. And once he filled out the paperwork or whatever I was gone, but seems like for some reason SSI even though I have called them 3 times has not gotten the messege that I am not making money now and so I need the full SSI amount since I qualify for it....but for some reason I am not getting it. Even though I

Luckily I have a boyfriend who cares, but for SSi I have to pretend we are basically room-mates, uhh so weird. Granted I think some SSi workers really don't care as a few have said to me...if its your boyfriend just say hes a roomate and you both pay rent just to make it easier. But you know I am sick of my life partner juust being my 'boyfriend' like disabled people aren't allowed a love of thier life? what the f**k is that.

I don't want to just be the secret girlfriend, you know.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 12:25 am

I'm sorry they're putting you through this. What little experience I've had dealing with the Social Security offices has been pretty bad.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 3:37 am

bee33 wrote:
I'm sorry they're putting you through this. What little experience I've had dealing with the Social Security offices has been pretty bad.

For sure, they tell you you only have 10 days to report changes, that said they never enforce that but still its like you get 10 days and then they get two months or longer to update your info? its very one sided on sending stuff in on time on their end at least cause I always update info as soon as I can. and just got a letter they only wanna give me 55 dollars in october...and its like I am not working, on disability paying my half of 600 for rent for me and my boyfriend to not be homeless cause on his income alone we would not be able to afford rent anywhere. Plus I am disabled and should get the full amount of disability money while I am not working and still paying rent. This is so stupid lol. Idk where the hell they think I am making money from when I am currently not employed and not making any money at all.

300 hundred bucks this month and 55 next month, will not cover the rent at all... :roll: By boyfriend has savings enough we're still good for next month...but I am going to need to start getting the full amount or we wont even be able to afford to move out of this s**thole...as is it would cost two months rent for us to break the lease so we are just trying to hold off till the lease is up.