HAMAS continue to taunt families of victims

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2024, 3:11 pm

Hamas has taunted the grieving families of the six hostages found slain in a Gaza tunnel by releasing haunting new footage of the victims.

The hostages, looking gaunt and exhausted, identify themselves for the camera before the footage transitions to still frames.

In a sick twist, the terrorist propaganda video also threatens to release the captives’ “last messages” in a matter of hours.

“Hours & We will release their last statements,” the video text said in Hebrew, English and Arabic. It’s believed the hostages were shot at close range multiple times a few days before their bodies were found in a tunnel beneath the southern Gaza city of Rafah on Saturday night.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahi said Hamas militants “executed” the hostages by shooting them in the back of the head.

The dead hostages have been identified as US-Israeli Hersh Goldberg-Polin, 23, Eden Yerushalmi, 24, Ori Danino, 25, Alex Lobanov, 32, Carmel Gat, 40, and Almog Sarusi, 27.

Of 251 people taken hostage during the October 7 attack, 97 remain in Gaza, including 33 the Israeli military says are dead.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2024, 1:37 am

Purely a negotiating tactic.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 3:49 am

Let us never forget that Hamas is an evil terrorist group, and that they are capable of any cruelty.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 4:53 am

I'm wondering the kids on campuses everywhere forget that when they go on their pro-Palestinian rants...

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 8:43 am

cyberdad wrote:
I'm wondering the kids on campuses everywhere forget that when they go on their pro-Palestinian rants...

From the few I have talked to about this issue, they simply do not care that Hamas is a terrorist organization. They only see a cause that they want to support because others around them are rallying the cause. The specific details are unimportant to them. You have to remember most of them were born after 911 happened, so they do not see terrorism in the same light as we do.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 5:27 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
From the few I have talked to about this issue, they simply do not care that Hamas is a terrorist organization. They only see a cause that they want to support because others around them are rallying the cause. The specific details are unimportant to them. You have to remember most of them were born after 911 happened, so they do not see terrorism in the same light as we do.

the propaganda is deep. I saw a college tik tok where drunk college girls were asked about dating, and they collectively said they would date anyone except Israeli men (I coughed my scotch and thought WtF) and they proceeded to denounce Israel.

Last edited by Cornflake on 07 Sep 2024, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed sexist commentary

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 1:11 pm

The few I have talked to seem to focus on the huge amount of innocent Palestinian civilians, many of them women and children, being killed and want a stop to that. They don't support killing innocent civilians regardless of if it's 6 Israelis by Hamas or 40.000 Palestinians by IDF.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 5:28 pm

there are several psychological tests like the trolley problem where people are asked whether they would kill one person tied to a railway track to save 5 others. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_p ... one%20life.

On tik tok there's a more crude version currently popular with teens called "would you kick a baby to save the world". the reality is people are utilitarian in concept and 90% would say they would sacrifice one life to save many (whether it be a baby or or a person tied to a railway track). At least in concept.

the truth is (I think this is the point of the exercise) almost all people would do nothing, we are not programmed to kill. Even soldiers need to be brainwashed before they take their first life. So comparing ratios of lives (3000 dead Israelis Vs 20,000 Palestinians) is morally irrelevant. After WWII the death toll inflicted by Germans was 1000x worse than whatever the Russians did. But the western world forgot what Germany did within months made Russia the threat. One dead victim is one too many.

My point is kids on campuses have no life experience. they join a bandwagon. Israeli civilians also have a right to live without fear of death. Israel is not a threat to the western world. But the extremists who support HAMAS are. In case people have blinkers on, the US defence forces have been under attack from pro-Palestinian forces in the red sea.

I am not justifying Israel's retaliation, but at the moment people have their wires crossed, and Palestinians who would murder and rape civilians to start this phase of the conflict should not have their behaviour enabled due to some pie in the sky concept.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 6:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Israel is not a threat to the western world.

Instead the problem is that Israel is a world threat that the west happily supports.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2024, 1:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
One dead victim is one too many.

And two dead victims is two too many etc. The number of people killed does matter. Both morally and in the amount of suffering it creates.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2024, 3:11 pm

BillyTree wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
One dead victim is one too many.

And two dead victims is two too many etc. The number of people killed does matter. Both morally and in the amount of suffering it creates.

My point in bringing the trolley dilemma is that people say that one death vs many is an acceptable sacrifice. So kids in campuses who have never stepped out and experienced real life outside their bubbles live their lives through concepts. the concept is 3000 dead israeli civilians is a somehow justified in the light of the enormous death toll the Palestinians experienced. In reality nobody would ever go through with murdering one person. One death is not any easier than many.

In all the time since Oct 7 I wanted to go into the minds of the men who committed these murders on innocent Israelis and the women and kids in Gaza who celebrated the act. Yes these are the actions of a radicalised group but I don't get how the can be comparative suffering (Israeli civilians Vs Palestinian) as a way of absolving a community who have consistently over decades chosen violence over reconciliation. the Palestinian community are not to blame, the enablers (other Arab countries and Iran) have fed weapons and supplies to the PLO and today HAMAS whose sole existence is the complete destruction of Israel. Palestinian people need to divorce themselves from the abusive groups who exploit their situation for their own personal ends.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2024, 7:06 pm

I think you're pointing the finger at the wrong party. The partition that was initially offered was unfair, why should 56% of the land go to less than a third of the people affected?

Essentially a theft of Palestinian land was offered and since then the world has stood by and allowed further thefts to be imposed. How are the Palestinians in the wrong for not agreeing to be stolen from? :scratch:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 2:56 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Essentially a theft of Palestinian land was offered and since then the world has stood by and allowed further thefts to be imposed. How are the Palestinians in the wrong for not agreeing to be stolen from? :scratch:

We are going circles FE. the gates were left open and the horses bolted a long time ago into the dark deep forest never to return. You can't reverse the sands of time. the Palestinians have the right to protest (I have no issue) but using violence only hurts them and their families. Israelis are there to stay. Palestinians need to learn to live with their neighbors, fighting them will be a battle they will never win.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 4:17 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

We are going circles FE. the gates were left open and the horses bolted a long time ago into the dark deep forest never to return. You can't reverse the sands of time. the Palestinians have the right to protest (I have no issue) but using violence only hurts them and their families. Israelis are there to stay. Palestinians need to learn to live with their neighbors, fighting them will be a battle they will never win.

To be sure, neither the Israelis or Palestinians are going to go somewhere else. They will have to learn to live together.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 5:08 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

To be sure, neither the Israelis or Palestinians are going to go somewhere else. They will have to learn to live together.

agreed, but Israel put the ball in the Palestinians court, and they got Oct 7

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 10:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
but Israel put the ball in the Palestinians court, and they got Oct 7

Israel did not put the ball in the Palestinians court prior to 10/7 they fell asleep and Hamas took the ball. With the Abraham Accords that the Saudis were soon to join, Israel assumed their conflict with the Palestinians was all but over. That is one reason numerous reports by lookouts that something was very wrong was ignored. Many including yours truly believe that the lookouts were mostly women were an important factor.

Back on topic. Most of the discussion around Israel’s response revolves around Jewish Supremacy. That is a factor in their desperate need to try and restore the belief that they had in their deterrence that was utterly shattered on 10/7. The taunting has to be taken into account. Not only did Hamas massacre civilians including many hippyish types attending a rave, they live streamed the murders to the victims families.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman