Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

BE GROW
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Sep 2024, 10:22 pm

I have been living in my house for several years now, and recently I feel that the door is a bit monotonous. I want to add a decoration to embellish it. I think some people will put flags on both sides of the door frame. I think I can give it a try, and I am someone who likes military surroundings. How about having an American style flag with sea carvings? I recently came across this website and it feels pretty good. Could you please give me some advice. :heart:

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2024, 10:36 pm

I think you should do whatever looks good to you.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2024, 11:20 pm

I wave my flag proudly on and off WP.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2024, 4:05 pm

A few years ago I bought a large Canadian flag and put it up in my living room window as a decoration for Canada day, like a curtain. I liked it so much I left it up a year round. But a couple of years ago I felt so depressed and disgusted with the country that I pulled the flag down and threw it away. It was all faded and worn out, anyway.

At least in this country I can publicly criticize it without millions of people raising a huge stink. Or even worse, get thrown in prison and/or executed.

Canadian Freedom Lover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2024, 1:01 am

I like flags, I think it's a patriotic gesture that really should come back in style. Where I live in Canada the public view national flags as a racist or far-right which is sad. What is so wrong with loving one's own country? I am apart of a group called the flag wavers in my home town, once a week we get together near a majoir intersection to celebrate being Canadian and to also raise awareness about issues with signs.

So yes, I support your decision to fly a flag any way you want.

Canadian Freedom Lover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2024, 1:04 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
A few years ago I bought a large Canadian flag and put it up in my living room window as a decoration for Canada day, like a curtain. I liked it so much I left it up a year round. But a couple of years ago I felt so depressed and disgusted with the country that I pulled the flag down and threw it away. It was all faded and worn out, anyway.

At least in this country I can publicly criticize it without millions of people raising a huge stink. Or even worse, get thrown in prison and/or executed.

I also don't like the way our country is going. I hope one day you won't feel so ashamed to fly a Canadian flag again.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 1:19 am

At my old house I had a flag that I used as a curtain. It was a rainbow Peace flag. There are many flag options. It doesn't have to be a national flag, which understandably can be interpreted as being a nationalist symbol, though that is not necessarily its message.