Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 10:23 pm

things coworkers do that get on my f*****g nerves:

laugh @ me
talk too loud, too enthusiastically, too much, (paucity of content)
mispronounce name
touch me
"can you", like just b/c you "can", you have to
bark @ me and snap @ me
micromanage me
order me around
judgmental as s**t
flap their retardedass traps @ me while i am on break or lunch (shut your retardedass traps, b*****s!)
make comments about my lunch
"huh" and "what" instead of "excuse me"

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 10:45 pm

These all sound like pretty ordinary things that people do. Maybe the onus is on you to figure out how to accept these behaviors so they don't bother you so much?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 10:47 pm

Are these the same coworkers you have been complaining about in several other threads?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 10:51 pm

Bee

Yes I have been trying and failing to just ignore my emotions and not get made redundant. But their actions and statements are so emotionally disturbing. s**t

Fnord

Yes

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 10:57 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Are these the same coworkers you have been complaining about in several other threads?

Fnord

Yes

Then why not get another job?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 11:11 pm

Sounds like the group of idiots I deal with all the time. Now the touching stuff, that's not definitely not ok.

I'm not sure I have any advice other than find a different job and stop worrying about who is a felon or who is having sex with the boss, make your money and go home.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 11:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Fnord

Yes

Then why not get another job?

Been applying for other jobs for a long time. A couple of interviews. Zero offers.

Plenty of companies had the nerve to make my worthless corpse redundant. Zero job skills. Autistic. Exhausted all the time. Emotionally fragile and socially awkward. Having a hard time getting a job. On the other hand even if I got a job "at will" employer could still fire me the third day. Which some companies have done

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 11:22 pm

In any event, Home Depot doesn't sound like a good fit for you.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 11:34 pm

Look up workplace mobbing.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 1:39 am

Bee

Yes I have been trying and failing to just ignore my emotions and not get made redundant. But their actions and statements are so emotionally disturbing. s**t
Maybe what you need to work on is figuring out why these things are so emotionally disturbing to you, so that you can handle them better and they won't upset you as much. They sound like common sorts of behaviors that you would have to deal with anywhere. Is seeing a therapist an option for you? Or can you work on your own to try to gain some perspective and see that it's just a way that people are and that maybe you can develop ways to be less intolerant, not just in how you treat them but in your own mind.

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2024, 8:34 am

Someone who knew his stuff once told me: Work does not define who we are as a person. It is only a means to an end, to pay the rent or the bills.

Remembering this has helped me through the bad times at work, a day at a time. Hang in there, keep putting those applications in, and see what happens.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 5:10 pm

JamesW wrote:
Someone who knew his stuff once told me: Work does not define who we are as a person. It is only a means to an end, to pay the rent or the bills.

Remembering this has helped me through the bad times at work, a day at a time. Hang in there, keep putting those applications in, and see what happens.

Love this and great advice I think.

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Last edited by Brian0787 on 12 Sep 2024, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 6:33 pm

bee33 wrote:
Bee

Maybe what you need to work on is figuring out why these things are so emotionally disturbing to you, so that you can handle them better and they won't upset you as much. They sound like common sorts of behaviors that you would have to deal with anywhere. Is seeing a therapist an option for you? Or can you work on your own to try to gain some perspective and see that it's just a way that people are and that maybe you can develop ways to be less intolerant, not just in how you treat them but in your own mind.

I'd agree with this. It's really exhausting trying to swim against the current, figuratively speaking. If one is constantly being triggered by the way the people around them normally speak one needs to learn to tolerate the way those people speak because one will never going succeed at changing how normal people normally speak.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell