Harris campaign office damaged by gunfire in Arizona

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 6:22 pm

No one was present or injured at the office, a state Democratic Party spokesperson said. Tempe police said they are investigating it as a property crime

Quote:
Police are investigating what appears to be gunfire damage overnight at a Democratic Party-coordinated campaign office for Vice President Kamala Harris.

The incident occurred just a few days before Harris is scheduled to visit Arizona as she campaigns for president.

“We can confirm that on 9/23/24, what appears to be damage from gunfire at … a DNC Campaign Office, was discovered,” Tempe police said in a statement to NBC News on Tuesday.

The office is shared by staff members for the Arizona Democratic Party, the Harris campaign and Senate and House campaigns to boost turnout for the party in November.

Harris is returning to the state Friday in her first trip there since her packed rally in Glendale on Aug. 9. At that rally, she tackled immigration head-on, outlining proposals to increase border security and create a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. On this trip, Harris is considering making a stop at the border, according to two people familiar with her schedule. Her campaign declined to comment on that possibility.

The coordinated campaign office in Tempe is one of 18 field offices for the Harris campaign in Arizona, according to Patty Socarras, the state Democratic Party's communications director.

Tempe, a college town home to Arizona State University, will be critical if Democrats hope to win the state in November. Student enrollment at ASU, a group that could prove a key constituency in a state that Joe Biden won by only about 10,000 votes in 2020, was about 57,000 last year.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2024, 11:14 pm

I'm guessing the secret service don't want another Deely Plaza sharp shooter, this time aiming at Kamala in Arizona. Obama already provided a major headache for secret service
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_ ... rack_Obama