Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2024, 4:25 am

So I took some photos with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra with cracked screen). I took about 3 photos of the same thing because my hands are shaky (thanks aspergers) and I wanted a better chance of a clear picture without motion blur.

I took a look through my pictures and the first two pictures had a lot of motion blur but the third and final picture looked crip and sharp. The perfect picture!

Then after a few seconds Samsung's Galaxy brain AI "enhanced it" into a blurry mess. Even the text is unreadable. I thought I could change it back because whenever I edit a photo there's always an option to revert, even after I saved the changes. Apparently that only applies for manually edited photos.

So I google my problem. No solution but many other people describing how Samsung's "enhancements" crush the levels and that even setting enhancement to minimum makes no difference (there's no option to turn it off because of course there f*****g isn't).

So I think, "That's it, for my next phone I'm buying a Pixel!" I Google Pixels and Pixel users are suffering from the same problem. Their photos are getting "enhanced" and there's no way to turn it off. Winston Smith had no way to turn off his telescreen and we have no way to turn off AI "improvements" to our photos.

I was just getting off the tram and I was so mad I almost wanted to throw my phone in the bin at the tram stop. I decide to vent to an old friend so I go into Messenger and I can't find her. She's probably in there somewhere but it's like finding a needle in a haystack because a certain galaxy brain named Zückerberg recently decided it would be a good idea to put every Facebook group we're in inside the messenger app.

I looked it up on reddit and saw a post about it from 6 hours ago and the people commenting seemed pretty upset about it. I guess it must be a recent update.

The enshitification of everything continues. I don't even know why I f*****g get out of bed anymore!