Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

milly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Oct 2024, 5:11 am

What should I expect? I don't like not knowing what's going to happen!

timf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 5:44 am

You could search online for "adhd criteria" and see what questions you might be asked.

Sillylilgoober
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2024, 10:23 am

when I was getting my ADHD tested they asked me about my mental health and made me do a test where I needed to focus then we did a survey (might be different for you since i'm a kid)

milly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Oct 2024, 12:57 pm

Thank you @timf and @sillylilgoober. I will just go with it.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 1:49 pm

Think about what things you can do well and what things are hard.

Think about if things are harder or easier to accomplish during certain circumstances (like if the deadline is coming up, if you are in a noisy or busy environment, if you are doing more than one thing at once).

Keep in mind that there are some symptoms that overlap in autism, ADHD, social anxiety, and generalized anxiety. Probably other things, but those are off the top of my head.

Sometimes people are diagnosed with both ADHD and autism and I really question if that is always accurate because of the overlapping symptoms. So do your own research after your assessment and make sure you feel it fits. If it doesn't seem right to you, get a second opinion.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 9:42 pm

Assuming you want an accurate assessment, maybe you shouldn't worry about it?

It is the assessor who is supposed to be doing the work.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2024, 8:43 am

an assessment generally has several parts. The tester will ask you about your childhood and your past and look for evidence of autism in the way you speak, move, respond, etc. They will give you tests on paper or ask questions that talk about the way you struggle in the world and also look for your best strengths. Some of the tests I took were on paper, some 'hands on", some just asked by the person giving the evaluation. I even used a computer for part of it. What they are looking for is signs of uneven neurological development, with very strong abilities in a few places and other places where we struggle or have difficulties. I could not finish several parts of testing , one section I was completely lost and never answered a question. That is OK, its not "pass/fail" but the tests are meant to show our strengths and weaknesses. Its OK to tell them if you are worried or anxious, they will understand and try to help you through it! Keep us posted!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2024, 7:54 am

autisticelders wrote:
Keep us posted!

Yes, let us know what happens.

milly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Oct 2024, 1:07 pm

Thank you all for your responses. I had the assessment but don't have the results yet. I had to get my mum to do the informant part of the questionnaire. I will hear on Monday.

milly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Oct 2024, 5:09 am

I have ADHD - Inattentive type

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2024, 8:18 am

milly wrote:
I have ADHD - Inattentive type
Same here. I'm a bit of a spaced out cadet..

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 11:39 am

I had DIVA-5 test with a psychologist 24.09.2024 and it suggested combined type ADHD of moderate level of severity (probably because three symptoms total more in adulthood than in childhood) despite just four inattention symptoms in childhood and just five hyperactivity symptoms in chilhood (although in adulthood there were five for inattention and seven for hyperactivity), in both scales there are nine criteria which gives total of eighteen criteria.

Is it true that for diagnosis of ADHD-C at least one (inattention or hyperactivity-impulsivity) must be at least six from nine and even if someone has ten symptoms total, but just 5 in inattention and just 5 in hyperactivity-impulsivity, then the diagnosis would be no ADHD at all although when there would be ten symptoms total, but all nine in inattention and only one in hyperactivity-hyperactivity, the diagnosis would be obvious inattentive-type ADHD?