Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

isolation_stars
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Oct 2024, 5:28 pm

I'm a non-binary trans man. I've rarely felt comfortable in female body and being perceived as a woman. I've been a closeted non-binary person for a few years, probably since I first heard the term. About a year ago I started suspecting I might be trans, but I pushed the feelings aside.
Recently, completely unrelated to me questioning my gender, I cut my hair short, and when I how much more like a man I looked, I cried because that's me, that's the person I was supposed to be.
So I started presenting more masculine. Today I came out to my father. He's a trans supporting boomer, so he took it fine.
Right now I just need at least a week to figure myself out. I don't even know what are the next steps.

Puddle of Water
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2024, 10:05 pm

Congratulations!

I suppose I could recommend "Stone Burch Blues" but it's pretty emotionally heavy.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 10:15 pm

Best wishes on your quest to be yourself. I hope you find support and feel welcome from the people in your life.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 12:43 am

Hope the best for you , based on stuff I read, you might have a rough road ahead....Glad your Dad supports you ..

where ever you go ,there you are

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2024, 6:56 pm

isolation_stars wrote:
I'm a non-binary trans man. I've rarely felt comfortable in female body and being perceived as a woman. I've been a closeted non-binary person for a few years, probably since I first heard the term. About a year ago I started suspecting I might be trans, but I pushed the feelings aside.

If you started suspecting this only a year ago, it may take you a while to figure out exactly where you are on the gender spectrum.

Glad to hear your father is supportive. I hope other people in your life are supportive too.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2024, 7:34 pm

congrats on coming out

might not hurt to get to know other trans people who know what your going through