Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2024, 10:19 pm

What kind of broken promises did someone make for you?

pokeystinker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2024, 12:02 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What kind of broken promises did someone make for you?

Where do we even start?

(GENESIS)

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2024, 5:21 pm

Most of them were in the past and I don't want to get triggered

- I used to have this flaky friend who made a few false promises
A. She left for the military and promised to write to me and never did. When I asked her about it, she was too homesick and just felt like talking to her mom
B. She told me that she was going to have a wedding and wanted me to be her maid of honor. Then when it boiled down to it, she ghosted me for two whole weeks before telling me that she was getting married at the courthouse

-I worked with a fake friend who lied and gossiped all the time who was also flaky
A. When I had a house warming party, she said that she could make it. However, she stood me up. When I asked her about it, she told me that she planned on coming but decided to go for a ride.

I have also been told "I'll make it up you."

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2024, 1:32 pm

Here are some more

A. I associated with a married couple for a few years while attending their synagogue.
- For Yom Kippur in 2017, the wife kept telling me that she was going to a one one one girls day. However, the entire family came which was a very bad experience.
- She would tell me that we would get together for a girl's day and never did

B. I was briefly invited to a birthday celebration by a very unreliable friend in late 2021 before he cancelled and quietly invited 10 people to celebrate. He then told me about it. "Oh I didn't want to have a big party that would overwhelm me."