Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tokaia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2005, 2:59 am

Does anyone else here have problems with NTs in public?

Just the other day, I had to go to my local Petco to get some crickets for my lizards, tarantula and frog. There were 2 jock-looking guys and some skanky-looking chick there. I went to walk by one of the guys and the bastard didn't even move. Not even I made it clear that I needed to get by. So I shoved my way past and growled loudly at him. He made a comment that I nor my boyfriend heard. My boyfriend confronted him and they practically ran away. :lol: My boyfriend, when he doesn't shave, looks like a crazy bum. When he gets mad, his eyes get really wide, which makes him look scary and mean. :twisted:

I like it when things like that work to my benefit. People think it unwise to f*ck with people who just might be crazy. :P

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2005, 4:02 am

That sounds like the whole freeway system where I live. :x

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2005, 4:19 am

One of my biggest pet peeves is when a group of thugs are just standing around an entrance, hanging out doing nothing and when you try to get by, they harass you saying, "Hey baby! Can I have yo phone number?" or "Pssst, Pssst! Can I go?" I'm like, go where? Because I sure ain't going with you! :x

Times like that I can sure use my 300 pound ex-boyfriend who looks like he can break someone in half.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2005, 8:57 am

Quote:

It sounds like what you really are asking is: "Does anyone else here have problems with rude people in public?"

Not all NTs are rude. Not all rude people are NTs.

Noahs_mom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2005, 8:58 am

My son is almost 3 and has been diagnosed with autism. When I take him to the playground - TO HAVE FUN - there is usually some rude jack*ss kid being nasty to my son. It may be wrong to feel this way about children but I get so angry I could inflict some serious pain on them. I've realized that people start acting like jerks very early. My boy is so sweet and lovable that I dread the day his feelings are hurt. I feel like telling these kids that my son is ten times smarter than they are. I know he can run circles around them when it comes to reading and math....and he's not even 3 yet. There are rude people everywhere and they are usually rude to anyone regardless of who they are.

Smiley
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2005, 11:29 am

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
One of my biggest pet peeves is when a group of thugs are just standing around an entrance, hanging out doing nothing and when you try to get by, they harass you saying, "Hey baby! Can I have yo phone number?" or "Pssst, Pssst! Can I go?" I'm like, go where? Because I sure ain't going with you! :x

I've absolutely screamed at ppl who do that before (was hyper at the time) -my boyfriend of the time was trying 2 shut me up cos he was scared they'd come after us - didnt even occur 2 me 2 be honest

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2005, 5:43 pm

I hate those types of people. I just walk past them with my nose up in the air, so that they don't see me as a potential Victim and start picking on me, or presuming that I'm Sub-Average.

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2005, 7:26 pm

If I have to talk to get people to stop doing whatever it is they are doing that bugs me, then yes, I have problems. I swear, there is something totally wrong with the way that I talk because people just don't respond to me like they do to the average person.

But if all I have to do is look at people or make eye contact, I don't have quite so many problems. When I'm not smiling, I look angry and evil. I've intimidated quite a few people blocking aisles in the grocery store out of my way just by looking at them.

Orfantal
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2005, 12:06 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I hate those types of people. I just walk past them with my nose up in the air, so that they don't see me as a potential Victim and start picking on me, or presuming that I'm Sub-Average.

That's about the way to do it. If they're going to be rude, act like they totally beneath you. :)

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 8:25 am

I had a guy go off on me at a gas station becasue I pulled into a pump which happened to block his path out of the station...

How was I suppose to know his car didn't have a reverse on it?

So while he cursed up a storm at me, he pushed his car back, then he got back and floored it around, all the while giving me the finger and cursing and screaming, not even watching where he was going.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 8:47 am

Scoots5012 wrote:
So while he cursed up a storm at me, he pushed his car back, then he got back and floored it around, all the while giving me the finger and cursing and screaming, not even watching where he was going.

So what did you do scoots? And maybe more importantly, how did you feel about it.

I figure its his problem. Blow it off.

Safety issues are an issue though. What if he had had a gun or something.

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 3:29 pm

scoots,

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I would have liked to see that crazy jackass at the gas station. He sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe he did crack-up his car somewhere by now :wink:

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 3:35 pm

BeeBee wrote:
Quote:

It sounds like what you really are asking is: "Does anyone else here have problems with rude people in public?"

Not all NTs are rude. Not all rude people are NTs.

that's what i was thinking...

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 8:30 pm

Takaia,

What you are describing sounds like it may be what my NT wife and I both call "yuppie arrogance." We see more of it everyday. She tends to walk away from it a little more easily than I do. She is probably right.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2005, 9:55 pm

BeeBee, Papillon, In that situation I would have liked to have lowfreq50 with me.

That bicep curl he does in his avatar picture - well if push came to shove, one well aimed punch could have laid him out on the concrete.

Anyway, if he had a gun, you would have seen me do the fastest driving act you ever saw.

But he didn't, he seemed more interested in just swearing at me, so I sat in my vehicle watching him do just that. I watched him for about 40 seconds, the whole time he was giving me the finger.

After I was sure he was gone, I got out and filled up with gas, then I went inside and told the clerk what happened. She was flaberghasted at the story.

I didn't really feel angry about it. I'm suprised I didn't get mad. Those kinds of things usually have steam shooting out of my ears.

Maybe it was his horribly overblown reaction to a minor inconvienence?

magic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2005, 2:39 am

Scoots5012 wrote:
I had a guy go off on me at a gas station becasue I pulled into a pump which happened to block his path out of the station...
[1] How was I suppose to know his car didn't have a reverse on it?
[2] So while he cursed up a storm at me, he pushed his car back, then he got back and floored it around, all the while giving me the finger and cursing and screaming, not even watching where he was going.

Hmmm... First he demonstrated a lack of theory of mind [1], and then threw a tantrum [2]. Fellow aspie, maybe? ;)