Who's glad Christmas is over?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who's glad Christmas is over?
I TOTALLY am 53%  53%  [ 40 ]
I basically am 16%  16%  [ 12 ]
I basically wish it still was Christmas 17%  17%  [ 13 ]
I TOTALLY wish it still was Christmas 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
I wish it was Christmas every day!! !! !! !! !! !! Can I have my straight jacket back, please? 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 75

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 10:43 am

What an ordeal! Dec 25, I'm off work, but everything's closed. :roll: I'm working on my latest hobby project, but the next step involves tons of hacksawing, but I find that my hacksaw has been way too dulled to get through it. So, I need to go to the hardware store -- but, of course, I know it's closed, so that's an entire day wasted. Not all of us have family they get along with -- some of us are entire Aspie families, so that none of the members of the family likes to get together.

So there I am, sitting home watching DVDs for six hours, with sanity breaks interspersed, of course. :roll: I get in my car to drive nowhere, because driving nowhere is slightly better than going stir-crazy. I walk in the cold wind, because again, that's somewhat sanity-preserving. I actually wished I had to work on Christmas :!:

At the end of the day, I feel like I've fought ten rounds against Boredom. Eventually, the passage of time makes me the weary victor, and I get to slip into blissful, rainy-night sleep. (I sleep the best on rainy nights, which, thankfully, we had one last night.)

:roll: SO GLAD IT'S OVER!
Who else agrees?

sands
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2007, 11:00 am

I'm with you on this one. I'm glad it's over!

What's normal anyway?

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 11:08 am

I'm not glad it's over. When I finally feel the christmas spirit, the christmas is over.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

lovesusagi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2007, 11:15 am

im glad its over ! no other day changes my routine more than christmas ! !

Melly
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2007, 11:19 am

For the first time this year I didn't travel to visit family-- I spent a great day home alone (which, as a single parent, is a treat). I like xmas just fine, but it's a lot of work and a lot of social obligations.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 11:27 am

I love Christmas, I love the food, the presents, the special table, the guests and everything.

I find Christmas exciting if I am at home with just family a one or two guests, some wine, good TV, books as presents and yummy food.

Boxing Day is great too, you get yet more Christmas food, wine and no stress.

Happy, happy, happy :D

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 11:44 am

Glad it's over but did enjoy a couple of days off.
Had a loverly dinner yesterday (Just One friend and myself, he cooked) have relaxed all day today.

Oh was that Christmas?

:)

excluded_middle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Dec 2007, 11:45 am

worst christmas ever...

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 11:56 am

excluded_middle wrote:
worst christmas ever...

Same here. Would rather have spent it unconscious.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 12:13 pm

I could celebrate Christmas all year round. :santa:

Crystalmirror
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Dec 2007, 12:14 pm

I guess I'm the only one here who actually *enjoyed* Christmas this year. I've never liked it that the radio stops playing Christmas songs come Dec. 26th. You know, in the Catholic tradition, Dec. 25th is actually the *start* of the Christmas season; the four weeks before Christmas are called Advent, during which time we prepare ourselves for the birth of the Lord. The Christmas season starts on Christmas Day and continues up to Three Kings' Day, which is in early January. So, for me, it's still Christmas, and if anyone doesn't like it, the heck with them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 12:17 pm

Crystalmirror wrote:
I guess I'm the only one here who actually *enjoyed* Christmas this year. I've never liked it that the radio stops playing Christmas songs come Dec. 26th. You know, in the Catholic tradition, Dec. 25th is actually the *start* of the Christmas season; the four weeks before Christmas are called Advent, during which time we prepare ourselves for the birth of the Lord. The Christmas season starts on Christmas Day and continues up to Three Kings' Day, which is in early January. So, for me, it's still Christmas, and if anyone doesn't like it, the heck with them.

I don't like that, either. I find that very depressing. At least I have my Christmas CDs to listen to, and I'm going to buy some more, either as soon as I can, or at the beginning of next December. The thing that I love about living on my own, is that I can play my Christmas music, for as many days after Christmas, as I wish.

sodarktheshadows
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2007, 12:23 pm

yup...worst xmas on record.

i was wishing it was over on xmas eve day.

i knew somehow it would get worse, and guess what? it sure as heck did....

this will be the last xmas i celebrate, i think.

but i do like the two days off work...working in retail, it's like getting an extra weekend. that part i like....

Gamer1

26 Dec 2007, 12:35 pm

So glad its over!! ! I cant stand walking around and talking to everyone.only me and my dad felt this way. the holidays is a bad time for being an aspie. I hate the time off school. imean Cmon MSU get on with life. we all want to do something than sit in the library to get highb speed internet.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 1:29 pm

I'm glad it's over. Most of us have had colds over Christmas. Watching other people getting blootered and generally making fools of themselves does not a happy time make. I look forward to a time when it's warm and sunny, I'm fit, well and tanned and there's plenty to explore. For now, though, I've been spending a lot of the festive season in bed.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2007, 2:39 pm

Tequila wrote:
I'm glad it's over. Most of us have had colds over Christmas. Watching other people getting blootered and generally making fools of themselves does not a happy time make. I look forward to a time when it's warm and sunny, I'm fit, well and tanned and there's plenty to explore. For now, though, I've been spending a lot of the festive season in bed.

Sorry to hear that you're sick over the holidays, Tequila! I was sick last Christmas, as well as severely depressed. This year, I was not as depressed, but still managed to get sick at the same time, as well as have my back go out on me. And the dumb radio is still playing Christmas music here!