Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 2:26 pm

it happens to be one of mine that i've worked for at least a year or so and it has 29 chapters so far.

the problem is one of my biggest theories was backing it thinking it was fool-proof, but it was theorybusted about a week or so ago now my story will not be correct in it's facts.

the story is the return of xemnas a kingdom hearts follow up set 2 years after kh2, i've made it a prority to stay true to the storyline though i've added a few of my own characters into the mix.

but what should i do? mark it on the endless list of unfinished projects, or just make it my own thing and ignore the storyline [to a point i have lines i will not cross]?

i make to many bad decisions just relying on myself.

i was also thinking of a second half to correct my mistakes.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 5:41 pm

Work on the project you are most interested to finish?

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2007, 5:42 pm

Try something new, with original characters, an original world and an original plot. In original fiction greatness lies.

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2007, 6:25 pm

You're writing fanfiction, right? Well, I don't know what makes your story not work, but you could say in the author's note/summary that it was written before you heard that?

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 6:47 pm

to Alternative: well i got like 15 projects as far as stories go that sort of start and stop when ever they please as long as i get an idea, but this one here is one project and i am interested and i want to finish but i'd like it to be more accurate.

to -Vorzac-: i have tried that and i do have a great story for that project that i know i can make good, but i found what actually drives me to work on something is if i have a character from a game that i like in it, without that everything just collapses and i quit. believe me if i could do that i would i have tons of ideas but i'm afraid of not having anything to keep me working on it.

to Lurv: yes i am it's the only thing i can stay motivated to finish. i'd explain the whole theory thing but that would take about 30 minutes to type but what caused the havoc is 10 years bettween the new psp kingdom hearts game and the first one, basicly there needs to be about a 17 or 16 year time frame bettween the two.

that would be a good idea, or i can wait and see when people realize that it's incorrect, kinda like i waited on conquer before people found out i was female.

Immured
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2007, 1:24 am

Just change all the names you borrowed and maybe no one will know it is a fanfiction.
Plenty of published authors do this.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 2:57 am

my family suggested this many times an it makes me uncomfortable like i just stole the characters.

i'll probably have figure out what to do when i actually can sleep again, it's been 3 or so days. i need some seditives.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2007, 8:57 pm

A "To die for" Story Topic

I think it would be interesting to write a story that became death. Creepy. No sequels. (Maybe a prequel!) Kafkaesque fan fiction. Pataphorical. Maybe a Palindrome, too.

A Story has a way of taking on a life of its own. Do not give up.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo