Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Dracula
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 2:11 pm

You've read that right. I hate my mother. For a couple of days now, my tonsils have been swollen, and it's extremely painful to swallow. I barely got any sleep last night because of it. Feeling it is quite an emergency, I told my mom near noon about my tonsils, and asked if she could see a doctor about getting them removed ONCE AND FOR ALL. She said complacently: "We can have him look at them."

I said: "Don't you think I've had tonsilitus enough times to warrant GETTING THEM REMOVED?!" All she could do was tell me not to talk to her like that, and gave this smile and said: "You've -never- had tonsilitus."

Shows how much she knows. I have had a problem with it a few times a year it seems. I've been to doctors before that suggested removal "if it persists" and treated me.

I hate her because of her complacency. I hate her because she said: "In the morning is not the time to tell me these things." It's not morning, idiot. It's f***ing NOON! I understand she has other children to take care of, one being only a few months old. But I exist too, and I have problems too. And I have a feeling that even if she didn't have any babies to take care of, she'd still act the same way.

Can anyone relate to this?

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 2:23 pm

I'm glad I never had that problem with tonsils. *hugs*
I can relate a little. It's so annoying when you need a doctor and they act like you're stupid or insane or some annoying thing. I once had a fever over 105. It was 105 after I cooled off a few degrees for one hour.

I wander how hot I was before that. Probably not a safe temp. When I felt real sick around that time he said "Are you sure? Are you really sure? Doesn't it cost 90 something dollars? Are you sure you want a check up?" :roll: My dad then pulled his usual "money first" attitude on me.. again... despite the fact I was perfectly capable of paying for it myself. Oh no wait, the gasoline tank would need a fill. :roll: :x

I replied, "Yes! I'm sure dad! Otherwise I wouldn't ask would I? It might be that stomack virus again!" My sister and I had caught a terrible tummy virus. I got to go to the doc., but my poor sister just before hand vomited violently all night. I felt so bad for her. That time I was feeling like it again, just not throwing up, so I was concerned. I hope it eventualy works out for you, and that you don't have to suffer any more. :( I can understand why your mad about it.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2007, 2:42 pm

I know, parents suck. They wanna have kids and then they're too busy for them.
Look at it with a positive attitude, at least you have a mother. I'ts not easy now but one day when the kids grow up and leave, she might be there for you somehow.
My mom sometimes takes care of my nephews. I don't have kids but I know that if I had them she could help me a little.
think about being completely alone.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 3:45 pm

Yes, I can relate. When I tried to address difficult or important topics with my own mother (which is HARD for me, because I need relative quiet to do this) she would always say to me, "Why do you always have to bring this stuff up at night?" and immediately dismiss whatever it was as me being tired. "This won't bother you in the morning if you just get some sleep. 8O My mind engages in the late evening and peaks around midnight, thus I would try talking to her when it was around 10PM and my sister was as calm as she was gong to get for the night (lil sis is 6.5 years younger than I, which was stressful as a kid). I hated feeling dismissed.

What takes the cake is the time I was in Disney when I was 5. I kept complaining that I was thirsty, and begging for popcicles or milk or juice, only to be told it was all too expensive. Which, in Disney, it is - but you can't dehydrate your five year old either. So on the way back home, we made it to South Carolina before I lost consciousness and suffered a heat STROKE. My temp was 107 at the time I was admitted to the hospital. The last thing I recall is being in the back seat of the car thinking it was funny that I started feeling cold (no AC in the car, and 90 degree heat). Then nothing. Then I woke up in a hospital with some nurse trying to plunge me into an ice bath.

I'm sorry your mom isn't taking you seriously.

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 4:20 pm

i have come to the conclusion that some of the problems we experience stem quite unconciously from the way in which aspies communicate and are therefore mis-read. i mean we pick our language fine but the other levels of communication (the mannerisms, the tone of voice, the body language that we use) just don't convey 'emergency' when we need them to.

your mother probably cares enough about you but maybe hasn't really 'heard' what you said correctly. it is sad that you feel she was insensitive, i only suggest that perhaps it was not on purpose.

did you talk to the doctor yet? hope you're feeling better :)

dcforeman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2007, 7:05 pm

Quote:
You've read that right. I hate my mother. For a couple of days now, my tonsils have been swollen, and it's extremely painful to swallow. I barely got any sleep last night because of it. Feeling it is quite an emergency, I told my mom near noon about my tonsils, and asked if she could see a doctor about getting them removed ONCE AND FOR ALL. She said complacently: "We can have him look at them."

I said: "Don't you think I've had tonsilitus enough times to warrant GETTING THEM REMOVED?!" All she could do was tell me not to talk to her like that, and gave this smile and said: "You've -never- had tonsilitus."

Shows how much she knows. I have had a problem with it a few times a year it seems. I've been to doctors before that suggested removal "if it persists" and treated me.

I hate her because of her complacency. I hate her because she said: "In the morning is not the time to tell me these things." It's not morning, idiot. It's f***ing NOON! I understand she has other children to take care of, one being only a few months old. But I exist too, and I have problems too. And I have a feeling that even if she didn't have any babies to take care of, she'd still act the same way.

Can anyone relate to this?

Dude, chill. Seriously you sound like a toddler having a tamptrum. I was on the waiting list for having my tonsils so long by the time my turn arrive I'd grown out of it. Declaring your hatred in this way makes you sound like an ungreatful brat. This is more then likely the reason your mother isn't taking you seriously.

Dracula
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 8:46 pm

LiendaBalla wrote:
I'm glad I never had that problem with tonsils. *hugs*
I can relate a little. It's so annoying when you need a doctor and they act like you're stupid or insane or some annoying thing. I once had a fever over 105. It was 105 after I cooled off a few degrees for one hour.

I wander how hot I was before that. Probably not a safe temp. When I felt real sick around that time he said "Are you sure? Are you really sure? Doesn't it cost 90 something dollars? Are you sure you want a check up?" :roll: My dad then pulled his usual "money first" attitude on me.. again... despite the fact I was perfectly capable of paying for it myself. Oh no wait, the gasoline tank would need a fill. :roll: :x

I replied, "Yes! I'm sure dad! Otherwise I wouldn't ask would I? It might be that stomack virus again!" My sister and I had caught a terrible tummy virus. I got to go to the doc., but my poor sister just before hand vomited violently all night. I felt so bad for her. That time I was feeling like it again, just not throwing up, so I was concerned. I hope it eventualy works out for you, and that you don't have to suffer any more. :( I can understand why your mad about it.

Thanks for understanding. Your story of illness is interesting. I would've definitely layed into my father for seemingly being more concerned about money than my good health.

caramateo wrote:
I know, parents suck. They wanna have kids and then they're too busy for them.
Look at it with a positive attitude, at least you have a mother. I'ts not easy now but one day when the kids grow up and leave, she might be there for you somehow.
My mom sometimes takes care of my nephews. I don't have kids but I know that if I had them she could help me a little.
think about being completely alone.

One time I teased my mom about giving her multiple grandchildren soon, and she vehemently said: "Nooo, I don't want grandchildren right now. I have enough on my hands!" But I know that if I did start impregnating girls right and left, she'd take care of the grandchildren (as in babysitting). I don't deny she can be a good mother, but so often her reactions to my concerns rub me horribly wrong.

siuan wrote:
Yes, I can relate. When I tried to address difficult or important topics with my own mother (which is HARD for me, because I need relative quiet to do this) she would always say to me, "Why do you always have to bring this stuff up at night?" and immediately dismiss whatever it was as me being tired. "This won't bother you in the morning if you just get some sleep. My mind engages in the late evening and peaks around midnight, thus I would try talking to her when it was around 10PM and my sister was as calm as she was gong to get for the night (lil sis is 6.5 years younger than I, which was stressful as a kid). I hated feeling dismissed.

What takes the cake is the time I was in Disney when I was 5. I kept complaining that I was thirsty, and begging for popcicles or milk or juice, only to be told it was all too expensive. Which, in Disney, it is - but you can't dehydrate your five year old either. So on the way back home, we made it to South Carolina before I lost consciousness and suffered a heat STROKE. My temp was 107 at the time I was admitted to the hospital. The last thing I recall is being in the back seat of the car thinking it was funny that I started feeling cold (no AC in the car, and 90 degree heat). Then nothing. Then I woke up in a hospital with some nurse trying to plunge me into an ice bath.

I'm sorry your mom isn't taking you seriously.

I'm sorry too, and thanks for telling your tale.

I dunno what I must do to get her to take my tonsilitus seriously. Most my day has been spent in bed, and upon getting up to eat, she never inquired as to my health status. It's became evident that I'll have to be even more assertive... I'll have to do it in such a way that doesn't show too much disrespect... b/c that won't get me anywhere.

dcforeman wrote:
Dude, chill. Seriously you sound like a toddler having a tamptrum. I was on the waiting list for having my tonsils so long by the time my turn arrive I'd grown out of it. Declaring your hatred in this way makes you sound like an ungreatful brat. This is more then likely the reason your mother isn't taking you seriously.

In NO way am I being ungrateful. I am experiencing needless pain that requires medical attention. I can be one of the most stoic and calm people you've met, but I know when to drop those two qualities. Life calls, and I answer, because I like living.

Ladygirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2007, 9:34 pm

I'll be ungreatful then. My mother drives me crazy because she is so reactive. The opposite of your mother yet it still illicits the same feelings...

Being of the super independent type I would just go to the MD myself and cry until something happened. School nurse perhaps a bit more realistic and less drastic? He or she could raise some concerns to your mother and though it wouldn't directly help her respect issues with you it would help your 'I need these things out of me" case, I think?

kicken18
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2007, 3:32 pm

I do have to ask, can't you take your self? Or are you not in England and it's as simple as that?