Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 7:56 pm

Simple enough question. How do you want to be described as a person? Do you like to have the autism included in the description or not? Disabled? Intelligent?

Give me your descriptions.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 8:01 pm

I would prefer that AS not be implied in my description. I would like terms like intelligent, creative, etc.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AspieDave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2008, 9:14 pm

Actually, while I do want "intelligent, witty, and devilishly handsome in an oversized Dr. Evil, kind of way".... I have no problem with Asperger's being used in the description. It's part of what I am and it's WHY I am. My intelligence, my wit, they derive from being an Aspie. Just like my interests in quantum physics, cosmology, archaeology, particle physics, pharmacology, medicine, literature, art, music.... you get the idea.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 2:49 am

Here's mine:

Quote:
Female adult musician, writer, artist, blogger, officially dxed aspie, researcher, daughter, sister, Batman-obsessing, pro-equality, grad student, instrumentalist, young-@-heart, sleep deprived, [Firefly, Star Trek, M*A*S*H, ] fan, god fan, WPer, aunty, lego building, glasses wearing, synaesthetic, early riser, intelligent, absent-minded, observant, beanie wearing, sudoku & hanjie-doing, constantly creating, poet, eccentric, kind, storm loving geek.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Helek_Aphel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2008, 6:18 am

I want to be described in whatever way is true, including my flaws.
If I had to have a preference, I would prefer to not be described with some trait that I completely exude and that tends to be the first trait people notice about me.
I would prefer to be described in a way that suggests that the describer actually knows me.

chinapig
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2008, 9:43 am

"He's a bit of a bast, but he's very good at what he does and he's right most of the time"

If people got that forewarning, they'd probably listen to my advice once in a while...I am right a lot of the time!

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 10:08 am

I did something like that for a blog once.

So this is a repost:

Myself
19yo, bizarre, composed, dark, english-german, gryffindor, hectic, high functioning autistic, high spirited, know-it-all, lunatic, masking, melancholic, motionless, moving, old-fashioned, outré, passionate, snoopy, still, strategically, stubborn, a writer

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

02 Jan 2008, 11:50 am

doesnt belong here :jester:

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 12:15 pm

"Salt of the earth"; what you see is what you get; doesn't play mind games; has a wacky sense of humor; a darn good cook.

edal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 3:35 pm

It depends who is describing me. If I'm in a hospital and a member of staff says 'this is Ed, our latest AS patient' then I'm not going to mind too much. If however a member of our ham radio club introduces me by saying 'this is HA6SST, he's a member of our club and he has really bad Asperger's I'm likely to turn round and punch him in the nose.

Ed Almos

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

02 Jan 2008, 5:03 pm

Well, I can and have written zillions of words describing myself.

Change in tack; one word: complex.

Good fortune,

- Icarus is a simpleton...

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2008, 5:44 pm

I don't care so long as it's not offensive, and I don't care if my aspieness comes into the description so long as it is not used in a derogatory fashion.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Jan 2008, 5:50 pm

i want to be described accurately. whatever that is. shrug. i am... ? Abstruse. Bratty. Creative. Deliquescent... hmmm. 4 in a row. better finish... Egotistical. Flawed. Genius. Hateful. Idiosyncratic. Jocoserious. Killer. Lethargic. Mischievious. Nemesis. Obsessive. Petulant. Quirky. Rabid. Sensual. Turbulent. Uneven. Venomous. Weird. um... X-ed-out. Yeasty. um... Zooidish.

chinapig
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2008, 6:01 pm

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:
Yeasty.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Jan 2008, 6:08 pm

chinapig wrote:
i_Am_andaJoy wrote:
Yeasty.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

are you trying to be funny?
you fail.

yeasty:
1. Causing or characterized by unrest or agitation; turbulent: the yeasty days before the new government was established.
2. Frothy; frivolous: a yeasty comedy.
3. Full of productivity or vitality; exuberantly creative.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2008, 1:50 am

i_Am_andaJoy wrote:
i want to be described accurately. whatever that is. shrug. i am... ? Abstruse. Bratty. Creative. Deliquescent... hmmm. 4 in a row. better finish... Egotistical. Flawed. Genius. Hateful. Idiosyncratic. Jocoserious. Killer. Lethargic. Mischievious. Nemesis. Obsessive. Petulant. Quirky. Rabid. Sensual. Turbulent. Uneven. Venomous. Weird. um... X-ed-out. Yeasty. um... Zooidish.

*claps*