Ever made fun of a more severe aspie to fit in with NT's?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ProtossX
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2008, 5:25 pm

in school have you ever done something you regret to fit in with NT's to be "cool" and fit in and try to be one of the guys even though you know you aren't.

like say someone talks a lot and always says the wrong thing have you ever joined in on the attacks with NT's or sided with them against a fellow aspie in order to distance yourself from aspie and come closer to the norm?

I mean we all want to fit in an sometimes you go with the flow an try to go after the oddball out.

I regretted doing it to an aspis and I lost a good aspie friend because of it :(

IS there anyone out there who did this to fit in more but knew you were just as quirky inside as they were but don't want to admit it in public?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 5:28 pm

No! Why would I want to do that?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 5:29 pm

Never. I don't side with bullies.

The mob mentality disgusts me.

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 5:29 pm

I would never do that!! !! !!
even though i dont know any aspies or anything.
Still i would never do that..! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !
I would never bully anybody after knowing how awful it was when i was bullied
xx

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 5:33 pm

I used to put an act on school and mess the teachers around. But if I knew someone had asperger's, there is no way i'd make fun of them to look cool, I know how upset they would be. I think you should apologise to the person, and ditch those other losers.

Wilco
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2008, 5:37 pm

no, I couldn't do that. But I might not have the guts to do something immidiatly either. which I think is just as worse. idk, I can't say because I have never been in the situation but I'd at least try to help that person

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 5:40 pm

I would try to stick up for them.
But yeah never really been in that situation either

Wilco
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2008, 5:42 pm

one time somebody helped me when I got bullied, as a result he got bullied as well and I felt really guilty about it :(. idk about others but if I ever get bullied again I wouldn't want people to try to fight the bullies for me. they can't do anything to really hurt me. feeling guilty can

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 5:44 pm

Yes, I have. :oops: I used to always talk with him, away from the other kids at the elementary school after-school daycare, and the staff knew he was autistic (they didn't know I was; but they found it fascinating and good for him that I had opened him upo and was talking to him). When the other kids started making fun of me for being with him I stopped playing with him so much and started hanging out with others and me and them made fun of him a little and were told off for being mean to him.

lucy1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2008, 6:18 pm

I have seen it happen on a forum.
Not nice :(

lupin
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2008, 6:20 pm

No. I've never been able to make fun of anyone - even affectionately. I really hate being teased, even by close family/friends and they never do it. So I've never wanted to do that to anyone else. I just don't understand why people do it - either for bullying or affectionately and gently.

BainAduial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2008, 6:20 pm

I was usually the one being bullied, so I can say I never joined the bullying, but I'm also ashamed to say that because I knew exactly what it felt like, on the rare occassions I saw it happening to someone else, I put my head down and walked past very quietly, thankful it wasn't me for once. I hope if the situation ever arises again, that I'd have more courage to say something to stop it.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 6:25 pm

No...

When I was at school, I'd join in and help support the other people being bullied, then they'd become part of my "group" and we'd all help others.

I ended up with a core nerd group of about 6 people, most of whom are still lifelong friends.

At it's height, the group had about 20 people in it. We ended up being powerful and influential enough to stop all bullying in our year. We actually got respect.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 6:35 pm

I never did, and I never will.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 7:41 pm

gbollard wrote:
No...

When I was at school, I'd join in and help support the other people being bullied, then they'd become part of my "group" and we'd all help others.

I ended up with a core nerd group of about 6 people, most of whom are still lifelong friends.

At it's height, the group had about 20 people in it. We ended up being powerful and influential enough to stop all bullying in our year. We actually got respect.

That's so cool :D Reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Bart is shown the secret Nerd hide-out!

I've never been bullied, but there's no way I'd pick on somebody else! If you're an aspie, then surely you're above the mob-like mentality of the bullies!

Basshead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2008, 8:57 pm

A bit, and I didn't know he was autistic.

I'm a hypochondriac. Please don't kill me.