i dont know what to do please help im desperate...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

G-Dub
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jan 2008, 1:38 am

I have both mental and physica disabilities, but im expected by my girls famil to go get a job cause " i dont do enough." Im tryin to take sh!# one step at a time, but i cant work on an NT level, I cant put up with this im suffering and want to die...

Why fear the inevitable and not have fun, i say have fun despite the inevitable.

WinterRose
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2008, 1:52 am

My best advice is that if you don't already have a therapist, that you find one. Not only will they help you feel better about your self but they may be able to refer you to a program that can help you find a job.

Edit: based on the location in your profile:
http://www.dars.state.tx.us/

I have my first appointment with my home states version of this tomorrow.

Gosmokesome
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2008, 7:00 am

Yeah a shrink might help, maybe. But whatever you do don't die. Just complain more, it should help you cope. But be sure to complain only to people that understand you because else you'll just be frustrated.

I hope you feel better soon.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 8:30 am

I have a boyfriend who is unable to work because of physical difficulties. If you find that you will be able to work later on, then great. But if you are unable to work, then, unfortunately, that's just the way it is and I think others around you really need to start accepting that because, for whatever reason, it's not your fault. If you can, go and seek professional help to make you feel better about the situation, because your girlfriend's family (is it your girlfriend's family?) are obviously not doing this. They need to undestand that kicking a man (or woman) when (s)he is already down and having a go at someone who is disabled in any way (especially if you can't help it and nothing can be done about it) is not acceptable behaviour and that, before they profess any opinions on the matter, they need to stop being so ignorant (which it sounds like they are) and actually try to understand you as a whole person, encompassing what it is that prevents you from going out to work.

Azharia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2008, 8:35 am

G-Dub wrote:
I have both mental and physica disabilities, but im expected by my girls famil to go get a job cause " i dont do enough." Im tryin to take sh!# one step at a time, but i cant work on an NT level, I cant put up with this im suffering and want to die...

If you FEEL like work would be good for you, there are jobs out there to suit everyone. And people to help you find said job.
But only if YOU feel it is needed. Don't be bullied. Do your girls parents know about all of your difficulties? If not maybe explain to them. Or have her do it. I made my husband explain to his family. :) It was easier.

Whatever you do though, don't let them make you feel inadequate! You don't have to live up to the expectations of her parents. Who cares what they think? It's what you think that matters.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 9:43 am

It does infuriate me also how NT's can just work so goddamn quickly with everything and expect people with certain debilitating factors to do the same. Where's the space for pain and reflection for crying out loud? :evil:

I'm sorry about that, man. :( I can only say I hope it all gets better for you. Good luck friend. :)

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 10:00 am

This fealing isn't the worst that I have but. Others often think I am a slow worker because I complicate things too much. While in reality it is a way to compensate.

Much of the time I am trying to reduce the multi tasking required in a given task.

G-Dub

22 Jan 2008, 3:10 pm

Im actually goin for social security... I was up having panick attacks all night cause of the sh!# i went through.... its not her parents, its her kids, shes 40 years old her parents are long gone, its her oldest son.... She wouldve stood up for me if she couldve but she has heart problems an at the time i was goin through the worst, she passed out due to too much stress... i dont blame her but i refuse to fight family.... Im pretty dangerous with my hands and i wont fight my family unless i black out and lose it.... The somebody gets hurt..... I have a dislocated knee, as i explained in the sports threads on Fighters.... And its all cause by right knee hasnt develope completely so it popps out of place if i land on it wrong or move it wrong.... Last night it popped out of place..... My girl has explained to the family but shes tryin to work with them on how to deal with me... my brother james has a mild case of aspergers, he lives with us too... i know its gonna take time cause theyve never been around it, she was a therapist for,13 years so she has a better understanding, plus shes an amazing person.....

Does anybody know a place in texas i can go, i cant afford a therapist so does any body know if lufkin texas has a place to go for help for people with bad money problems???

Thanks yall guys are a great help....

Why fear the inevitable and not have fun, i say have fun despite the inevitable.

Tortuga
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 3:44 pm

You might try contacting social services in your area. They can help you find mental health services and maybe a job.

Soon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 6:04 pm

G-Dub wrote:

I know what your feeling my partner is moving away across the U.S. and wants me to move with her. but I cant realy pay

for housing by my self or give much money for rent. I am not working right now. I do not function in the NT world ether. it is

hard for me to get jobs and keep them. She just hates the fact that I stay home all day and she has to work even thou we

don't live together and share bills. It is for me where I feel safe. She doesn't understand how hard it is for a Autistic to fit in

the NT world. Your doing enought just to live!! Keep up the good work man! CAll some help

lines. I thing some one elts posted it. Get some prof help. try going to the local hospitial and see if the have a soical worker

you can talk to.Some times they have one on call.

G-Dub

23 Jan 2008, 5:49 am

my girl is helpin me find help, this is the first time i came to her asking, shes offered but at the time i refused.... what i do for money is sell my music, im an underground rapper with my band white out... but being in a small hick town (no offense) not many people like rap... so its hard to get more than a few cds a week sold... i want to sell them online but i dont have too much of a fan base except for where i live, denton tx, and dallas.... im good at music poetry and art, but thats pretty much all i can do that i dont suffer in the NT world..... but i still bust my arse to do what little i do best.... although it hardly seems like enough most the time...