Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

feelgoodlost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 6:18 pm

Palm prints and tattoos I can understand, but iris mapping? That is a bit too far.

Palm prints are useful because you might only find those at the scene of the crime. Tattoos are often very distinctive and individualistic.

On sabbatical...

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Feb 2008, 6:24 pm

Like in the movie, Minority Report.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 6:32 pm

What they should get is a significant decrease in their ability to cause trouble.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 8:22 pm

I'm going to get my iris's mapped. It is a new healthcare option. Apparently the funtioning of a persons body system's can be somewhat calculated by the blood vessels in the eyes: or something in there....

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 8:52 pm

Quote:
The FBI says it will first have to clear hurdles with state privacy laws, and people would have to sign waivers allowing their information to be kept.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Feb 2008, 9:21 pm

I dont see no problem with these things. It doesnt matter to me who knows the color of my eyes.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 9:54 pm

And I will say 'no'.

feelgoodlost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2008, 11:13 pm

It's not as simple as them just "knowing what you look like", it's what they do with that information. Suddenly, "far out" and "unrealistic" books like 1984 begin to look like a distinct possibility, and this is a major step towards that terrifying reality.

Tensho wrote:
I dont see no problem with these things. It doesnt matter to me who knows the color of my eyes.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Feb 2008, 11:17 pm

[quote="feelgoodlost"]It's not as simple as them just "knowing what you look like", it's what they do with that information. Suddenly, "far out" and "unrealistic" books like 1984 begin to look like a distinct possibility, and this is a major step towards that terrifying reality.[quote/]

Quite true.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2008, 11:18 pm

Tequila wrote:
And I will say 'no'.

Same here...as long as no is still an option anyways.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 12:03 am

hartzofspace wrote:
Like in the movie, Minority Report.

I was thinking the same thing! lol Now people are going to be transplanting their eyes and arresting people for the crimes that they will commit in the future! jk/lol It is a pretty good idea to collect palm prints; they do find those a lot in crime scenes. I never thought of the way that people walk being a form of identification. That's a pretty interesting thought.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2008, 1:06 am

There is already a system in place for detaining and "treating" people who "might commit crimes."

Also, there is such a thing as thoughtcrime and enforcement of political correctness.

TurtleJen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Feb 2008, 2:42 am

feelgoodlost wrote:
It's not as simple as them just "knowing what you look like", it's what they do with that information. Suddenly, "far out" and "unrealistic" books like 1984 begin to look like a distinct possibility, and this is a major step towards that terrifying reality.

Tensho wrote:

That is just it. When are they going to start putting microchips in people? You can consider me surviving in the wilderness the day it is mandatory. Or dead 'cause they caught me trying to escape and I refused it.

I think Real ID is connected and social security cards were the beginning.

Police state, anyone?

BTW I read part of 1984 and it freaked me out.. I know that it will be similar to that book in the near future.

Bo, Adonai Yeshua..

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

Location: not in my house not in my street not in my shool but in my own world

09 Feb 2008, 6:34 am

hartzofspace wrote:
feelgoodlost wrote:

Quite true.
it does matter

aries
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2008, 11:59 am

Well the UK police want everyone's DNA on file. Many people are of the belief 'If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have to worry' but with the recent scandal of HM Revenue and Customs losing two CDs containing personal details of 25m people I find this somewhat disingenuous :?

The question is can the people in charge of the data be trusted to look after the information properly? It seems a bit of a pandora's box.