Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Denali
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2008, 9:39 pm

Just wondering if anyone can relate to this, and I hope this is the right forum..
I have no friends in real life or online and as a result I'm very lonely. :cry: I hate it! It seems everyone has friends but me. All I'm asking for is just for someone to be there for me when I need to vent, or need someone to talk to, and for me to be there for them when they need to vent...
I have a hard time making conversation and I hate it... I just don't know what to say sometimes. It's hard for me to get my real feelings out, if that makes sense. And I feel I would come across as boring to people. I was diagnosed with depression last year, partly because I was lonely and had no one to turn to.
Maybe I'm just not meant to have any friends. :( But I really don't want to go the rest of my life friendless.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 9:40 pm

Just talk about things you like, and what goals you have. That's probably the best way to start.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 9:41 pm

if you ever want a friend I'll be your friend :)

jason_b1980
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2008, 9:52 pm

Two tips:

1. Stop trying so hard. Be patient with people. When you don't come off as needy, they will most likey come to you.

2. Be honest with yourself, and to other people (as much as you feel comfortable sharing with them anyways). The right people will like this in you. If they don't, they are not your friends.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 1:27 am

jason_b1980 wrote:
Two tips:

1. Stop trying so hard. Be patient with people. When you don't come off as needy, they will most likey come to you.

2. Be honest with yourself, and to other people (as much as you feel comfortable sharing with them anyways). The right people will like this in you. If they don't, they are not your friends.

*gasp* Where did you come from?

I agree. Listen to this person. I haven't been so shocked on WP in a long time! I think Im in a dream, pinch me.

Rizzle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Feb 2008, 3:27 am

I know exactly how you feel, especially on the day that just passed, my least favorite day of the year, for obvious reasons. Just remember that you are not the only one in that situation. I went many years without friends, at least not any TRUE friends, the only ones i had were due to the fact that they knew i would do anything for my friends and they took FULL advantage of that fact and it took me years to realize it...and i still talk to some of them because i have found it is very hard for me to let go of things i have invested so much time in. Just remember that we are all here for you whenever you need us, feel free to add me on yahoo or myspace and you can vent to me when it gets to be too much for you to handle, bc i think we have all been there.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Feb 2008, 8:23 am

I like being alone and I think its easier than being with people. There may be times I feel lonely but I think for so long its been forced on me that being with other people is normal and good but whenever I did try to be with people I either got bored, tired or frustrated because once people consider you a friend they contact you and excpect you to respond. I would like to be able to talk to people though at my own convenience or maybe at their convenience if they have some specific subject in mind.

I hate how they sill say"hi" and then "how are you?" and have nothing else to talk about because they expect more small talk probably. If they come to me and want to talk they should have something to talk about than expect me to say something. This happens too often with NTs and is why I prefer to be left alone.

Grimfaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2008, 11:44 am

Denali wrote:
Just wondering if anyone can relate to this, and I hope this is the right forum..
I have no friends in real life or online and as a result I'm very lonely. :cry: I hate it! It seems everyone has friends but me. All I'm asking for is just for someone to be there for me when I need to vent, or need someone to talk to, and for me to be there for them when they need to vent...
I have a hard time making conversation and I hate it... I just don't know what to say sometimes. It's hard for me to get my real feelings out, if that makes sense. And I feel I would come across as boring to people. I was diagnosed with depression last year, partly because I was lonely and had no one to turn to.
Maybe I'm just not meant to have any friends. :( But I really don't want to go the rest of my life friendless.

I think there has been a lot of good things said already. But give a shout if things get bad. I'm in the same boat (if you look at some of my venting posts you'll see it). I have friends (local, not virtual) but it's a far cry from having support or someone that helps fill the void of lonelyness.

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 12:53 pm

I used to be in your shoes,
But then I realized that I was looking for friends in the wrong places,
Go some place where people who share your interests hang out, (Like me, for example, I hang out around Hobby shops and play HeroClix with people. I've made many friends and even some friendly rivals in a seemingly small hobby)

I like the friends I have now, most of them are NTs, but I don't mind, I wish I had some more Aspie frineds in my area though,

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 12:55 pm

I hope things improve with you soon!

dragonboy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 3:01 pm

ill be your friend if you like. :D pm me if your interested

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 5:13 pm

The thing is...

there are people out there that will be your friends (good ones) and even more perhaps.

problem is, i've found, they live far away ><

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 6:04 pm

I can certainly relate, there have been periods of years with no friends for me. Most people don't really know what loneliness is because they always have at least one friend. Most people consider me boring, which is fair enough because I think they are boring.
It helps if you try to do baby steps - it takes a lot of time (years) and a lot of patience, but it does improve if you keep at it.
If you want to vent, etc, my inbox is always open.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

hollybee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2008, 6:30 pm

aww Denali, I'm sure plenty on here will lend you an ear/shoulder to cry on when you it or even just exchange jokes/opinions with you! If you ever need a chat then pm me, I'm a cheery soul :P

Are you on any other forums for any of your interests? They can be good places to exchange opinions on things you're into, or even join local associations or clubs in your area that you're interested in.