Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

galatea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2005, 7:51 am

:(

Last edited by galatea on 28 Sep 2005, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

jb814
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2005, 1:55 pm

I don't know if by free you mean avoiding licence/royalty payments, but if not try http://www.shoutcast.com/support/docs/ for more info.

galatea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2005, 11:51 am

:(

Last edited by galatea on 28 Sep 2005, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 12:23 pm

I think you need a server, that could be a bit costly if you don't already have one.

DeepThought
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2005, 7:55 am

I don't think there is any way to avoid a lot of complications and expenses if anyone wants to broadcast their own MP3 collection. If she is using her own MP3s she would most likely need her own server, or servers, plus an extremely fast and expensive connection, a way to generate income for the station to keep running and a lot of time. She would have to pay rotalties to performing rights organizations (ASCAP, BMI, etc...) as well. Even if she just used hosted web space she would have to find a host that would allow the amount of bandwidth she would need, or she will have to be prpepared to pay for the extra bandwidth, plus she would have to find a way to do it so that she is not in violation of any copyright laws because most hosts will terminate accounts if they think that is happening. She would still have to pay royalties for each time a song was played "on the air", otherwise she could find herself being sued by the music industry.

I'm the Rhymin' Red Rover, and that's where I'll be.