What did you want as a job when you were little??

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MCRSlipKnoTA7X
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2008, 7:38 pm

Before I could talk and up until I was about 5 years old I wanted to be a dog. Before I could talk, I would crawl around on my hand and knees and bark like a dog. I would try a drink and eat out of our dogs food and water bowl. I would cry and cry to my Mom about how I wanted to be a dog, and why was I not born a dog. In kindergaten when everyone else wanted to be police officers and firefighters, I wanted to be a dog. At 6 years old, I realized I could not be a dog, so I decided I wanted to be a Vet Tech, and I still do! But I still wish I could be a dog. lol

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 7:41 pm

Ghostbuster
then Ninja Turtle
Then Batman
Then Astronaut but then I realized I was scared of heights so scientist

Now I dunno

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2008, 7:43 pm

I wanted to be an ichthyologist when I was 7. And yes, I knew that word. I wanted to study sharks, particularly the mako.

In sixth grade, I wanted to be an architect, to build bridges.

From 8th grade thru hs, I wanted to be an astrophysicist. In 11th grade, I was taking AP Physics 4/5...but I was on the regular track for math, so that I was taking the prerequisite math class for the physics AT THE SAME TIME as I was taking physics...and that just didn't work.

Now I'm a musician. So I was way off^.^

Jeyradan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2008, 7:54 pm

I wanted to be a geneticist. I wasn't totally clear on what they did, but I knew they were a cross between doctors and scientists, and they worked on DNA. Then a forensic pathologist, then a doctor at NASA, and now an oncologist.
I guess I didn't really care, so long as it was medically-based.

curiouslittleboy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Apr 2008, 8:20 pm

I wanted to be the next Einstein/Newton. Then Real Life smacked me in the face, my own intellectual, social and monetary limitations would prevent it from ever coming to pass.

Now I see that kind of stuff in the same way Renji was forced to see himself in comparison to Byakuya on Bleach when they fought: "Shall I tell you the difference between you and I? It's like when the monkey reaches into the water at night trying to capture the moon, he doesn't know just how futile it is." - Byakuya.

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 8:24 pm

I wanted to own a toy shop when I was 6 and I wanted to be a dancer from the ages of 8-12.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 8:37 pm

I wanted to be a chemist (so odd now that I hate science :P)

Then I didn't think I could be anything as I was a messup in my father's eyes, and I believed him.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 9:41 pm

I wanted to be a pilot around 4th grade.

Then I wanted to be a comic artist, inker, or colorer.

Then I wanted to be an electronic repairman.

Now I'm not so sure, but I'd like to go to school to learn electronic/copier/computer repair. And/or maybe auto mechanics.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2008, 9:44 pm

I've always wanted to drive a bus. I still do.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 5:26 am

I wanted to be an artist.

RohrbachDS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2008, 5:39 am

Lets see, one of the earliest things I wanted to be was a bus driver. Then I think it was nurse, business owner, nurse again, elem teacher, hs/ms math teacher, now an emt.

There was a period where I wanted a job almost every other day, but I'm going to exclude those, for the list would be too long.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

04 Apr 2008, 6:04 am

From when I was 0-5 years old [apparently] I wanted to be a farmer.
When I was 5-10 years old I wanted to be a vet and a musician.
When I was 10-15 years old I wanted to be many different things including a psychologist/criminal psychologist, Zoo Keeper, doctor, forensic pathologist and a poet.

Now at 16...I just want to make a living.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 11:59 am

Well, what did I want to be... *index card shuffle*
0-3: Did not know what to be, never followed any toddlerhood fad really. (I think.)
4-8 est: After discovering the computer in elementary school around 1994-1995, I believe something inside me was determined...even if I had virtually no knowledge of the use of the machines. (My memory believes they were IBM computers, large...flat boxes sounds well...childish but right. The computers were always running...either it was EDIT.exe or IBM BASIC, and were connected to a daisy-wheel or a dot matrix printer.) Then there was the I-Mac age, where all the students used those computers, and following that, was the XP era. By the XP era, I had decided to become greater than Bill Gate's himself, by mainly making an Open Source version of Windows, Windows Shuffleboard™. The name, Shuffleboard is really my idea of the powers that be at Microsoft, renamed Yectosoft© shuffling toward a new goal, and a new age of consumer input,improvement, and impact! Huzzah! Anyways...
9-13: My age of awkwardness, insanity, and mental development.
14-16+ Well, I would first go to collage, and get started from there. More than likely, I will start with a publishing company, and see from there. I still am in the process of determining what exact position in the field of technology.

VioletClementine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2008, 11:52 am

From the earliest I can remember until I was about 10, I wanted to be an artist.
From 10 onward, I wanted to be a writer.

I still do. :D

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 12:24 pm

Nothing.

I didn't think about this.

At one time, I decided to become immortal.

But that's not really a job...

I'm still totally opting for the immortal alternative though if all else fails.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 1:55 pm

I wanted to a vet, magician, rapper,scientist, ecologist,person from CETI,doctor,marine biologist and now i want to be a cartoonist.