Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nintenderek17
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2008, 6:12 pm

I'm having trouble meeting girls in my area. What's a good idea to meet girls? How should I approach them?

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 6:16 pm

Nintenderek17 wrote:
I'm having trouble meeting girls in my area. What's a good idea to meet girls?

Teh Internets :wink:

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 6:21 pm

The internet is a good way, I've actually had some limited success meeting girls this way. Dating, no, but friendship, yes.

Nintenderek17
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2008, 6:23 pm

I've tried the internet and nothing seems to come from it.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 6:27 pm

Well, if your trying to date, then no. If your just trying to meet or talk to girls your age then it can work well. I've found a great site for it, but you have to be careful. What are you trying? Wrongplanet, is a horrible site to meet girls, IMO. No one seems American, and there's no real mean of finding them on here. WP, is a great site to find advice from though.

Nintenderek17
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2008, 6:40 pm

weather1man wrote:
Well, if your trying to date, then no. If your just trying to meet or talk to girls your age then it can work well. I've found a great site for it, but you have to be careful. What are you trying? Wrongplanet, is a horrible site to meet girls, IMO. No one seems American, and there's no real mean of finding them on here. WP, is a great site to find advice from though.

Yeah, I figured that out. I'm trying to actually date though, not just talk to girls online.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 6:42 pm

Bah, the internet isn't a great place for that. Any girls at your school, or do you go to any clubs? Conventional, but it works the best.

Nintenderek17
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2008, 6:57 pm

weather1man wrote:
Bah, the internet isn't a great place for that. Any girls at your school, or do you go to any clubs? Conventional, but it works the best.

There aren't really any good clubs at my school. There's pretty much sports and bands. I can't play an instrument or sing, and I am terrible at sports, so I can't do either of those.

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 7:00 pm

Girls are all around, you know. It doesn't require any specific place in which to meet them, just a certain attitude and or approach...leap of faith my man, leap of faith.

Only, there's nothing to lose in this particular leap. :wink:

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:39 pm

find something you like to do, and see if you can find women who like to do the same thing...

miss_e
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Apr 2008, 8:45 pm

friends first. a relationship is best when it's a friendship first. it's a perfect way to meet girls that share interests.

what type of girls are you looking for?

Asleep, I still see you lying next to me
So deep that it didn't even bleed and catch me
--The Used

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 8:54 pm

miss_e wrote:
friends first. a relationship is best when it's a friendship first. it's a perfect way to meet girls that share interests.

She's correct =). Every person I have dated was my friends frist. I hardley even talk to people idk, never mind just randomly date them.

A way to find a female is to find a club (doesn't need to be in school) that you are interested in and talk to a girl in it. It means you at least have ONE THING in common.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 9:22 pm

miss_e wrote:

easier said than done, when your dealing with an aspie trying to find a NT girlfriend.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 1:21 am

any clubs at your school? join some extracurricular activities somewhere - you will meet plenty of people whom you share mutual interests with, and hey, there may be some pretty girls! you could also try programs outside of school (i don't know what they have in your area), but organized events with a certain focus are great for aspies!

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 1:28 am

church

Rich_P
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2008, 5:31 am

Church or The Pub is what I would say are good starting places if you do not want to attend a club just to find a girlfriend at the moment.

I also suggest to go to the Pub(s) with a friend or two (doesn't matter if you meet them there or not), otherwise you will look very out of place and that is not a good thing if you're after chatting girls up. Trust me, there will be a fair few at the decent places in your area. 8)

If you're very lucky and have the skill, you may end up having the nice looking barmaid after you. I had that once. 8O