Too lazy to cook or heat up foods?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 10:15 pm

I just finished a can of Hormel Tamales... straight from the can... and was wondering how many other folks sometimes ate foods without the recommended preparations?

As far as prepared foods such as the pre-packaged stuff which is usually already cooked...

I've been known to eat frozen fish sticks (I have NO EARTHLY IDEA why my former wife used to bring this up amongst friends all the time... she made a big deal out of it for laughs. Didn't bother me... but then... I also didn't see what was so unusual about it?)

While living in Fairbanks, I used to buy those frozen cheesecakes that are already sliced with the wax paper between the slices... I'd have a whole one eaten before I got home from the store... 7 miles.

A week ago I just didn't have the patience to cook up some Chorizo I bought at the store... since the package said it was precooked... I just started eating it right out of the package.

When I was a kid, I got in trouble at boy scout camp one year for eating my chili right out of the can without heating it up over the fire. Seemed like a waste of time to me... my scout master gave me a kick in the ass with those clodhopper boots of his... DAMN METHODIST PREACHER! :evil:

By the time I get a bowl of Bisquick biscuit dough made up... I just want to eat it! :P

I suppose I'm pretty omnivorous when it comes to the condition of foods... I'll pick off the green spots on bread sometimes and eat the rest of the bread... really grosses my daughter out.

But then... I also like over-cooked foods... MAKE MINE BURNT! :twisted:

Homemade cookies... I look for the ones with the black bottoms!

I actually find that I get more to eat when someone has burned their food.

Of course this is supposed to come with the risk of cancer... eating all that carbon...

So.. anyone else find they cannot always wait for the food to be ready?

Now things like bugs, snails, snakes, and mice... I like to make sure they are thoroughly cooked... these are not normal fare for me... just from my survival teaching days :D

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 10:22 pm

My case is more like I'm too lazy to cook anything that requires very much work and I'm also too lazy to learn how. :oops:

sim
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 11:03 pm

I don't understand your eating habits at all.

what

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 11:07 pm

I eat frozen french fries, they actually taste better then hot, and they are way crunchier.
I also like to eat chef boradees ravioli out of the can

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 11:23 pm

I'll come over to each of your places, and cook for you, all. :)

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 11:29 pm

I am the same way with leftovers, cold pizza and a luke warm lager in the morning, breakfast of champions

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 11:44 pm

I normally eat ramen noodles dry with the seasoning sprinkled over it, I'm just to lazy to boil water what can i say

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 11:47 pm

I used to eat ramen like that too, but it would cut the roof of my mouth

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 12:12 am

For a while a couple of years ago, the kids at my daughter's school were really into eating raw ramen.
It's okay.. but it's not my favorite.
I passed up on some tonight when I was digging around for a snack.
Wound up finishing a jar of fake bacon bits instead...mmm.. soy protein!

I don't mind cooking when I get the energy to do so.
Yesterday after my get-a-way trip gone wrong, I made a batch of corn tortillas then remembered the nurses at the E.R. where I work were talking about home-made tortillas recently.
I called them up to see if they wanted some... whipped up another larger batch and took them to the hospital still piping hot!

HeHeHe... the way to a Nurse's heart... good food at work! :twisted: Nurse's stations are notoriously bad for junk food!

Oh.. and don't get me started on Pizza! I could eat it raw, baked, day-old, week-old... I LOVE PIZZA as much as I LOVE CHEESECAKE! :P

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

05 May 2008, 12:35 am

wsmac wrote:
I just finished a can of Hormel Tamales... straight from the can... and was wondering how many other folks sometimes ate foods without the recommended preparations?

I often eat chilli beans straight from the can. Actually, I eat a lot of things straight from the can. :lol:

I'm too lazy to cook anything most of the time. Sometimes i'm too lazy to eat anything at all.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 12:39 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
Sometimes i'm too lazy to eat anything at all.

Wish I could be more like that!

Although my body fat measurements have been pretty good, my cholesterol is in normal range, and people say I am not fat (214, 6'2" tall), I still hate being this big.

I'd rather be more like 180 maybe 190... but that would mean I have to eat less 8O OH THE HORROR!

Sabercat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2008, 4:00 am

I don't eat pork n beans everyday, but used to eat them a lot and imo, the ONLY way to eat them is straight from the can! Any other way to me is akin to blasphemy. And they gotta be Van Camp's brand. lol. them cheap brands are not good.

Also something else real good straight from the can and cold (when you buy it, put in fridge unopened) is Campbell's Steak & Potato soup. The sirloin burger kind is really good too.

I used to eat this stuff a lot, but don't anymore. Can't really afford it.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 11:33 am

Am disinclined to stop doing what I'm interested in, in order to go take care of bodily maintenence tasks such as making food. I don't enjoy preparing food & eating-it's hassle & boring, and I'd much rather be doing other activities. Also, I'm super picky, so food is likely to disappoint & that's discouraging.

I don't consume uncooked or overcooked foods-when something comes out badly (as in wsmac's example of blackened cookies), my groovy boyfriend plays "Jack Sprat" (you know the nursery rhyme) & eats those for me-since he's less discriminating about food than I.

Usually I just snack/graze, making a meal (an amount of food all at once) is something I can only coerce myself into doing once every other day-I don't eat meals otherwise.

As child, I did eat uncooked spaghetti (one stick at a time, by sucking on end until I could gnaw a little bit off), only because at my father's house there was only "health food", which I loathe. Tasteless hard pasta was all I could stand to consume, of the foodstuffs they had in that place. My wicked stepmother woould threaten me by saying that eating the raw spaghetti would make holes in my stomach ! How mean (and dishonest) is that ?

Trugen
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2008, 11:43 am

to cook

Omni: Temp
Face of Madness: Myself :twisted:

BAP22
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2008, 6:32 pm

I'm terrible at cooking. Well, never really learned i guess. I can make some basics, but yes, i hate even doing that. Most of the time, eating is such a chore for me. Guess on the bright side, i won't ever get overweight.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 May 2008, 9:11 pm

vienna sausages? fresh from hamburg! I got them from my step granny once! ETEM STRAIGHT FROM THE CAN! Yum!! bot weird at all