Black 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Red 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Green 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Encyclopedia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 May 2008, 11:24 pm

(I'll edit this post as needed for up-to-date information.)

Information about the personality quiz and poll comes later.

This is a general invitation for any WrongPlanet members who want to play Magic: The Gathering online with each other. Beginners are also welcome. Post your questions and we'll help you get started. If you think you might be interested post here. There have to be some people in the chat room or this won't work.

I've been discussing playing magic online with Whisperer on this thread http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf61575-0-15.html
We know there are other chat rooms for this kind of thing, but we've had bad experiences with the people there.

The whole point of creating our own chat room is to create a safer environment than is already available for our games, so while in the chat room please:
Be polite. No swearing, offensive language etc.
No personal attacks, assume good faith. (Tone is hard to control in writing. They probably didn't mean it the way you took it)
Be kind to newbies. (If someone asks, "what's Ravnica?" the answer isn't "OMFG n00B!!!1." Just politely answer the question.)
Try to stay on topic. Don't give out personal information or talk about things that can get us into trouble. (You know what I mean)
(These rules can be changed if you have a convincing argument, but stand until I change them in this post.)

We've decided to use Scroll Rack for the virtual table. You can download it at http://scrollrack.sourceforge.net/

The chat room is at http://www.chatzy.com/463269837825

The password is "Aspie"

(The room is currently accessible to anyone who knows those two things. Please don't ruin this for everyone by abusing it. I can make a more restrictive chat room if I have to.)

If there are other people in the room, you can start a game. Agree on a format from the lists below and share your networking information if necessary. I don't think Scroll Rack currently supports drafting or multiplayer formats on its own, so that leaves the two-player constructed formats:

• Casual:
    I made this up, but this is probably what we'll usually use. It's intended to try out actual casual decks people have lying around.
    That means Legacy tournament rules, and you must either:
    A. Actually have this deck with real paper cards (be honest).
    OR (to keep the virtual decks from being too strong)
    B. Make a virtual deck with Peasant Magic Rules (see Magic league special formats below) that still complies with Legacy rules.
(The other formats can always use virtual decks.)
Another format I heard of that I think would be fun even for beginners:
  • mini magic
    Exactly 15 cards per deck. Max hand size of 3. You can't be decked (if you can't draw, insead of losing, you just don't get a card.)

I can't find the mini magic banned list, so for now we'll use this:
    Milling cards (effects that move a card directly from library to graveyard) are banned. If you find the article with the real banned list let me know. If not, we can revise this list ourselves if anything is seriously broken.
Official constructed tournament formats:
  • Standard (Type 2; last two blocks)
  • Block (current block, or specify an old block)
  • Extended (Type 1.x)
  • Vintage (Type 1; almost everything)
  • Legacy (Type 1.5; almost everything except a banned list)
For information about the official formats mean see:
http://www.magic-league.com/guide/formats.php

Magic league special (constructed) formats:
  • Block Party
  • Tribal
  • Chaos Mode
  • Peasant Magic
  • King's Magic
  • Rainbow Stairwell
  • 5-Color
  • B.Y.O.B.
  • Chameleon
  • Singleton (modifies another format, which you must also specify, e.g. Singleton Legacy, or Singleton Peasant Magic.)
  • 237 Magic
  • BYOT2
  • Prismatic
  • Precon War!
  • Make Your Own Standard
  • Elder Dragon Highlander
For more information about the special formats see:
http://www.magic-league.com/guide/other_formats.php

Now, for the poll. If you don't already have a clear favorite MTG color, Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz. to see which one probably suits you best.

So, are you interested or not?

Last edited by Encyclopedia on 14 May 2008, 3:16 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Encyclopedia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 May 2008, 4:21 pm

I took the quiz, and

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2008, 6:46 pm

I'll try to be on tonight.
I got blue. . . when I took it.

victorvndoom